Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atonement of Sins

Atonement of Sins

There are many type of sins. They may be broadly classified as (1) External--- using body and their individual parts. (2) Internal--- using Mind.

Now what all the Religions say about sins and atonement? :

For people soiled by sin & hence feel unworthy to enter the presence of God, or corrupted by evil deeds and hence unable to realize their true Inner Nature, an essential prerequisite for salvation is the forgiveness of sins. The experience of divine forgiveness and pardon is universal, reaching destitute in all the world's Religions. The opening passages in all religions express God's forgiving nature; it is ever God's desire to FORGIVE.

The next few passages treat the idea of atonement. Some redemption must be made for sin by a savior or a religious person or by the supplicant's own acts of penance and devotion. Several scriptures discuss the cleansing of sins.
    Following are some passages which emphasize the MAGNITUDE of Divine FORGIVENESS which can encompass even the most elephantine evils. Some passages suggest that God even desires in or favors sinners in order that HE may demonstrate His graciousness and forgiving nature.

1) I am He who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
    -----Judaism and Christianity. Bible, Isaiah 43.25

2) All evil effects of deeds are destroyed, when He who is both personal and Impersonal is realized.
    ------ Hinduism. Mundaka Upanishad 2.2.9

3) Say, “If you love God, follow me, and God will Love you, and forgive you & all your sins; God is All-forgiving, All-compassionate."
    -------- Islam. Qur'an 3.31

4) In Him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His Grace which He lavished upon us.
    --------- Christianity. Bible, Ephesians 1.7-8

5) Say, " O my servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins: for He is Oft-forgiving, Most merciful.'
    ---------- Islam. Qur’an 39.53

6) If we have sinned against the man who loves us, have wronged a brother, s dear friend, or a comrade, the neighbor of long standing or a stranger; remove from us this strain, O King Varuna.
    ---------- Hinduism. Rig Veda 5.85.7

7) Though a man is soiled with sins of a lifetime, let him but love me, rightly resolved, in utter devotion. I see no sinner, that man is holy. Holiness soon shall refashion his nature to peace eternal. O son of Kunti, of this be certain: the man who loves Me shall not Perish.
    --------------Hinduism. Bhagavad Gita 9.30--31

8) Anyone that is fallen into the grip of lust, wrath, or attachment, attached to stingy greed, guilty of the four cardinal sins and evils, And demonic sins like murder; Who never has attended to scriptures, holy music, or sacred verse--- By contemplation of the Supreme Being, with a moment's remembrance of god shall he be saved.
    ------------------Sikhism Adigranth, Sri Raga, M.5, p. 70

9) Hide thy face from my sins,
    and blot out all my iniquities.
    Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and put a new and right spirit within me.
    ----Judaism and Christianity. Bible, Psalms 51.9-10
    10) Of the sin against the gods Thou art atonement;
    Of the sin against men Thou art atonement;
    Of the sin against Me Thou art atonement;
    Of every kind of sin Thou art atonement.
    The sin that I have committed knowingly,
    and that I have committed unawares,
    Of all sins Thou art atonement.
    -----Hinduism.Yajur Veda 8.13
    11) Let him utter the name, Buddha Amitayus.Let him do so serenely with his voice uninterrupted; let him be continually thinking of Buddha until he has completed ten times the thought, repeating,” Adoration to Buddha Amitayus."On the strength of his merit of uttering the Buddha's name he will, during every repetition, expiate the sins which involve him in births and deaths during eighty million kalpas.

----Buddhism. Meditation on Buddha Amitayus 3.30
    12) God the Almighty has said, "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."
    -----Islam. Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi 42

13)If you were not to commit sins, God would have swept you out of existence and would have replaced you with another people who have committed sin, and then asked God's forgiveness, that He might grant them pardon.

------Islam. Hadith of Muslim
    Generally viewed, there are many types of atonement to repent sins & to absolve them. For atonement, there are various Mantras to chant for many numbers of times, for a particular period. Some go to TemplesChurches, Mosques, Gurudwars etc.for prayers, some go for pilgrimage, some visits Realized Souls and Saints; some pray the idols and photos in their house-temple.

Finally, how do you wish to dispose of the unwanted things? either you bury them or burn them to ashes. Supposedly you keep away the bad things; somehow in due course of time they will make their appearance even strongly. The best way is to bury them or burn them. Burning is more appropriate.Similarly, the best method to remove one's sin is “USE THE EYES WISDOM--JNANACHAKSU” --- in all other type of atonement, the person who commits sins asks pardon from God, but cannot continue to be sinless. Somehow after lapse of sometime, he commits sin knowingly or unknowingly. This gets repeated. But JNANA YOGA reduces all sins to ashes.
Working...
X