X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A total sense of surrender

Kayena vacha manasendriyenva Buddhayatmnava prakreetiswabhavat

Karomi yadhyat sakalam parasmai Narayanayeti samarpayami |

Meaning: Whatever I do with my mind, body, speech or with other senses of my body, Or with my intellect or with my innate natural tendencies, I offer everything to the Lord!

Most of us go through life’s various activities. In our own ignorance we arrogate to ourselves, the ownership of the activities and when the results are not in-sync with our expectations, we become sad and dejected.

One of the most powerful ways on the route to spirituality is to do any action as an agent. If there is an attitude, that I have to do an activity because it is my obligation, I will not worry about the results. Just as a soldier kills on the battlefield as an agent of the country and he will not be punished for any act, similarly if we do any act as an agent of the supreme, there is no impact. Every action incidentally which is done with a feeling of ownership has a karmic impact with strong potential for a rebirth due to that action. However any action done with a true feeling that it is my obligation to serve humanity or this activity is for a larger cause beyond my selfishness, will not have any karmic impact.

Re: A total sense of surrender

There are many methods and paths to reach the Lotus feet of the Supreme Power. Our
    motive for surrender to HIM ought not to be any of our personal gains. We are only a clay in
    HIS hand. HE is the sculptor and HE continues to function. It takes sometime for the
    clay to become a beautiful creation. Hence he can mould us in any form or whatever form
    he desires to make us or intended us to be. Ultimately, we receive his salvation
    only through his Grace. True surrender will always go without telling beyond natural
    devotion.

Comment

Mr Balu,
      I am really happy to note ,as a new member you are taking a lot of interest in replying to each and every postings of members and it is very nice of you to start your membership with a bang. All my best wishes to you. keep it up..Narasimhan

Comment

This sort of attitude that is doing all the things as agent without feeling the ownership and not bothering about the result is very difficult to practise. But if one tries this hard it can be practised at least during the fag end of our life.

We should constantly try to practise this to attain Moksha/Mukthi.

With Best regards

S. Sankara Narayanan
        RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

When we go to the Shri Kanchi Mutt or any Mutt or temple, one can notice
          an elephant is doing the pranams while performing the Gaja Pooja. The
          trainer normally ties one of its hind legs to a tree with a thick rope.
          Normally, an elephant if it is in a forest or anywhere, it would try to
          break the rope and would like to be free. But, here it realizes its role
          and slowly and gradually gets accustomed to being held captive.

It also changes or modify its behavior to remain in a simple rope
          without any resistance. It can break, if it so desires, but then it is not.
          It does not take as a defeat from its attempts. If an animal could change
          his behavior to the Godly acts, why not we. As we have devotion to
          duty to earn our wages, besides one becomes competitive to go up
          in the ladder, it is our inborn need to also behave like that towards the
          Supreme Power and one has to slowly try to surrender to HIM to attain
          the divine bliss.

Balasubramanian NR

Comment

Working...
          X