kalyana Saathamuthu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kalyana Saathamuthu

The Sathumudhu(Rasam) made in Iyengar marriages have a distinct and exotic taste.
    This tasted like the kalyana sattumudhu. The original recipe was to dry roast the ingredients. You try 2 varieties, one dry roasting the ingredients and the other frying the ingredients in oil except jeera. It is felt that the method which was fried in oil was more flavourful and it tasted like the kalyana sathumudhu.

INGREDIENTS FOR THE POWDER:

Toor dhal - 1 tablespoon
    Dhaniya - 1 tablespoon
    Pepper - 1/4 tablespoon
    Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1/2 tablespoon
    Dry red chillies - 3 or 4
    Oil - 1/2 tsp.

METHOD:

Heat oil and fry all the ingredients (except jeera).

Pound in a mixie to a bit coarse powder.

Boil tamarind juice and tomatoes cut to small cubes along with curry leaves, hing and salt. Add pressure cooked & mashed toor dhal. Finally add 2 tablespoons of this powder. When you smell a good aroma add 3 cups of water and boil till frothy. Season with mustard seeds and garnish with coriander leaves.

Re: kalyana Saathamuthu

Thanks for sharing my blogpost . I would appreciate if you post a link to my blog or atleast mention courtesy .

Comment

Re: kalyana Saathamuthu

Sri:
      Shanti madam,
      I request you to at least post the title of the Recipe here and give link to your blog spot whenever you post
      a new item in your blog?!
      It will be helpful to remind us to visit your blog regularly to check the updates.
      thanks and regards,
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
      X