Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election of the new Pope.

Election of the new Pope.
    Election of a new Pope begins today (March,12,2013) in Vatican by the "conclave" of 115 Cardinals assembled from all around the globe. The word Conclave is from Latin conclve, "lockable room". The conclave follows adherence to elaborate rituals in strict secrecy to elect the new Supreme Pontiff of more than a billion Catholics in the World. It is a democratic process, each Cardinal who enters the Conclave is eligible for the post of Pope. How ever next Pope must garner two-thirds of the votes, or 77 of 115 in this Conclave. Today's edition of NY Times carries an interesting article about this event:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/wo...pagewanted=all

This reminds me of the famous movie "The shoes of the fisherman" in which Antony Quinn acts as Russian Pope Kiril Lakotia. This movie covers the elaborate ritual of the election of the Pontiff.

Regards,
    Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.

Re: Election of the new Pope.

Dear Sri Brahmanyan Sir,
    I appreciate your effort to post such current affairs in a interesting manner.
    But I humbly request you to kindly avoid posting messages about other religion though they are
    not affecting anybody.
    Because, most of the members of this forum are Brahmins, they may not like such messages.
    I strongly hope you will not take this in any wrong sense.
    You can post your justification if I am wrong.
    Best regards,
    nvs
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 12-03-13, 19:12. Reason: forgot to type "not" in the sixth line

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sri KVS,

Namaskaram,
      I appreciate your concern and wish to abide by the rules of the Forum. As a matter of personal preference I never enter into any discussion that may turn into argument. I request you kindly to delete my post.

Warm Regards,
      Brahmanyan,
      Bangalore.
      Last edited by Brahmanyan; 14-03-13, 10:38.

Comment

Sri:
        Dear Brahmanyan Sir,
        No need to delete, let it be there to the view of other members to understand
        our policy.
        I know about your honesty,
        but we could not expect this honesty from all members of the forum,
        some may have some bitterness with other religions, they may tend to post some harsh words
        against them, why should we give way for all those things?

Even in our own religion we are having lot of controversies like Then kalai vs vada kalai,
        Advaita - Dwaita - Visishtatvaita etc.
        But, I respect all, because we are having some limited knowledge we could not understand all the supreme thoughts
        behind every ism. but we can follow a particular ism which is most attractive.
        regs,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sri KVS,

Namaskaram,

I respect your advise in this regard.

Warm Regards,
          Brahmanyan,
          Bangalore.

Comment

Working...