WHEN TO RECITE ABHIVADAYE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHEN TO RECITE ABHIVADAYE?

namaskaram. my grandfather who was a shastrigal taught me to recite abhivadaye after doing saashtaang namaskaram to elders. but some other elder advices me to recite abhivadaye before doing namaskarams. please clarify which is correct practice as per vedas/upanishads?

Re: WHEN TO RECITE ABHIVADAYE?

The recital of abhivadhaye has been demographical - few of the mid TN, chant after doing namaskaram and down south chant before namaskaram. However i prefer to chant first and then next to do the namaskaram - as the person who gives the aaseervadham shall know your origin and can assess your status as to whether you are entitled for his aaseervadham. It should be understood that the blesser once gives aaseervadham, certain amount of his punyam (Good deed) is being transferred by way of his utterance. Hence it is the onus of the blesser to know as to whether the seeker is entitled in all respects to get his aaseervadham. If abhivadhaye is chanted after namaskaaram its beneficial for seeker, than the giver
    Last edited by ahariram; 06-04-13, 13:16.
    WITH REGARDS,
    HARI HARA RAMASUBRAMANIAN

Comment

Though there is no fixed rule about chanting "Abhivadaye" some chant before doing saastaanganamaskaaram and some only
      after namaskaaram. It is all upto one's convenience and not by any rule, and even our religious heads will differ in their advice.
      The main point is , we chant abhivadaye before elders either before or after namaskaram

Comment

Sri:
        It is there in the prayoga shastram as:
        Namskruthva, Abhivadhya
        When doing Agni Upasthanam
        Agnaye namaha mantra heenam kriya heenam .... krishannusmaraNam param
        after this doing namaskaram
        and then chanting abhivadhanam

When doing sandhya vandhanam:
        chanting : "sandhyayai namaha .... namonamaha "
        then doing namaskaram
        and then chanting the abhivadhi

We could see lot of examples
        Even as per logic
        first of all do namaskaram to the elder and then say abhivadhi will be logic
        because,
        the person should compulsorily bless the one who is doing namaskaram
        using his sharma end with few extra matras like "Ayushman bhava sri krishna sharmaaaaaaan"
        It is said to bless immediately after hearing the sharma at the end of abhivadhi
        So, by considering all aspects
        chanting abhivadhi after namaskaram only will be correct.
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

thanks a lot bmbcAdmin sir. it is very illuminating and logical. my doubt vanished. my hearty thanks other gentlemen too for their valuable opinion.

Comment

Dear sir,
            As a vedic scholar you have quoted 'Prayoga shastram' and confirmed that chanting Abhivadhi only after namaskaram is correct. In case if anyone chant Abhivadhi before namaskaram, should not the elder bless him? Your opinion is to be kept in mind by everybody and bless the youngsters accordingly.Thank you very much for your valuable opinion.

Comment

Sri:
              No need of doing abhivadhi
              and
              no need of doing namaskaram
              Elders can bless the youngsters without expecting anything.
              When a boy is doing namaskaram and abhivadhi then
              he will be definitely a boy of virtue to hear advice from elders
              so, you can advice him to follow the correct method there after and he will oblige.
              regs,
              nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
              please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
              Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
              Best Wishes and Best Regards,
              Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
              X