Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Sodhakumbam, Masikam & Aabdikam

Dear Sir,

I have a question regarding Sodhakumbam, Masikam & Aabdikam.

My mother passed away in November 2012 in Mumbai. I being the eldest performed all the rituals & functions in Mumbai. I also did the 28th day ritual in Trivandrum. All of these had homams & food was served to Brahmins.

Since I reside in New Zealand where getting a vadiyar to do homam for this is not possible, I was giving green banana, raw rice & dakshina to a brahmin on Masikam day only (not on Sodhakubham day). I have done it so far for:
    Thraipakshika Anumasikam
    Thriteeya Anumasikam
    Chaturtha Anumasikam
    Panchama Anumasikam
    Shashta Anumasikam

For Abdikam, I have contacted a priest from Australia who has agreed to do the Oona Aabdika Masikam, Abdika Sodakumbham, AABDIKAM, GRAHA YAGNAM for us. He has asked only for 5 Brahmins to be available for serving food to.

My question is that since I have been offering green banana, raw rice & dakshina only for masikams, do I have to do anything extra before the Aabdikam? Do I have to invite Brahmins for the remaining masikam dates? Do I need to have served food to a certain number of Brahmins before the Aabdikam function in November 2013?

Thanks,

Re: Question regarding Sodhakumbam, Masikam & Aabdikam

India is the only karma boomi. you please come to trivandrum for two days in november 2013. you have to do all maasikams here with food to brahmins on one day and varushaaptheekam on the next day. this is the best one.

Comment

Re: Question regarding Sodhakumbam, Masikam & Aabdikam

sri:
      No need to do anything repeatedly-
      just do as per the vadhyar who guides you their.
      I hope it will be the best possible choice for you by guessing
      that you are not in a stage to do it in India.
      NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
      X