Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poundarikapuram Ashramam at Srirangam, Sri Gopala Desika Mahadesikan (Sri Paravakottai Andavan), passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poundarikapuram Ashramam at Srirangam, Sri Gopala Desika Mahadesikan (Sri Paravakottai Andavan), passed away

Sri Gopala Desika Mahadesikan

The head of the Poundarikapuram Ashramam at Srirangam, Sri Gopala Desika Mahadesikan (Sri Paravakottai Andavan), passed away on Saturday. He presided over the Ashramam for nearly 30 years and was an erudite scholar, writer, also known for his discourses on traditional vedanta. He was responsible for the construction of the 12th tier of the Rajagopuram of the Srirangam temple.

Born on March 17, 1921 to the well-known scholar, Sri Vathula Kandadai Venkata Acharya, Sri Gopala Desika Mahadesikan had a flair for languages and was ready to undergo the rigorous disciplines laid by Srivaishanavism. He went to the Venkateswara College at Tirupati in 1936, and became a Vyakarana Siromani in 1942. He stayed at the Parakala Math in Mysore for five years, imbibing the Vedantic works of Sri Ramanuja Darsana from Srimad Abhinava Ranganathan Brahmatantra Parakala Swami. After retirement from career as a Sanskrit pundit in the schools in Tiruchi district, he took sanyasa on February 20, 1982, and became the 8th head of the Poundarikapuram Ashramam.

The charama kainkarya of the swami will take place on Sunday.

Sri:
    Srimathe Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya Nama:
    Dear Sishyas and Abhimanis of the Ashramam,
    Acharyan is always with us, guiding us each and every second. The only way to repay acharyan is to live a life as shown by him.
    Acharyan thiruvadigale saranam.
    Daasan,
    Raghunathan

dear sri madhavakannan,
    though jaatasya hi dhruvo mrityu: may be correct, all of us fervently wish that some distinguished souls live on forever, to guide us through the minefield of samsaram. Poundarikapuram Srimad Andavan was one such. He was the ideal example of Nila Thevar, Seida Velviar and Siru Maa Manisar we find described in Azhwar Srisooktis. His personal anushttanam and his insistence on his disciples too following a rigorous standard of the same, would be remembered by all. all we have left now are Swami's anugraha bhashanams, which would continue to guide us till the end.
    dasan, sadagopan

ஸ்ரீ:

ஸ்ரீமதே கோபாலதேசிக மஹாதேசிகாய நம:
    Paramapadam has been illuminated by a paranjyOti and bhUlOkam is enveloped in total darkness.
    அந்தகாரத்தில் நாம் அல்லல் படுகின்றோம்.
    aDiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan

SrI:
    srImatE gOpaala dEsika mahadEsikaaya nama:
    adiyen is sad asmad aachaaryan Srimad Poundarikapuram Srimath Andavan attained Acharyan Thiruvadi.
    Achaaryan's vatsalyam is boundless. HH performed samashrayanam for adiyen and sahadharmini after getting promise from me I will do trilkaala sandhyaavandanam without fail. That is a big concession He made for me. I have read in this forum how Achaaryan had refused to do
    samashrayanam to persons for one reason or other but mostly for not doing sandhyaavandanam. Only after starting to do sandhyaavandanam regularly I could feel the difference it made to my life. adiyen is forever indebted to HH.

As I write this (one of the modern marvels) I am listening to HH's upanayaasam on gopaala vimshati(This is a repeat - I am hearing it over and over again) which incidentally I started hearing in the last two days. HH's booming voice and explanations does not let me stop it.
    adiyen
    Lakshmana dAsan
    vachika: dosha: Kshantavya:

Adiyen is not able to express the sadness, sorrow , and afflicted feelings.
    Adiyen is orphan now.
    Oh, what a greatest among great acharyans. Whenever , adiyongal prostrate in the asramam, acharyan ( Patron of the Magazine )used to enquire about
    " Kanchi Perarulalan" besides enquiring about the likitha kainkaryam,( ketpathum, solvathum ) and other kaimkaryams. Here after, who will encourage adiyen?
    Adiyen's baghyam is that during every new publiocation , the Acharyan used to grant " Sreemukam " after going through
    every line and even supplementing, editing , and correcting whereever necesasry . Adiyen is keeping such corrected copies with me
    Acharyan has given " Sree Mukam " to adiyen's book " Pazhamozhikalum, puthiya vilakkankalum " containing special meanings to
    50 tamil proverbs recently ( 19--10--2011) which was received on 29th october . The book is under "print" .
    Again, adiyen has to say that adiyen is orphan now
    Sarvam Sree Hayagreeva Preeyathaam
    Dasan
    Uruppattur Soundararajan

Dearest All:
    adiyEn is saddened to hear the ascent to Parama padham of HH Srimath Poundareekapuram Andavan , Srimath Gopala DesikAcchAr Swamy .

A Mahaa Vruksham has fallen in the Nandhavanam of Lord Rangantha in His BhUlOka Vaikuntam and has been transplanted to His Nitya VibhUti .
    One of the greatest AchAryan , who guided us and inspired us is now no longer with us .
    The Many delightful anugraha bhAshaNams during our visits to Asramam and His inquiry about our yoga KshEmams are the memories that will sustain us during this time of sorrow . As an exemplary AchAryan insisting on daily anushtAnams and as the author of the scholarly treatises on Srimath RaamAyaNam , He has left a deeply etched reverence in our minds for Him . He will listen to our prayers from Sri VaikunTham and bless us during our deha yAtrais here serving our AchAryans and Dhivya Dampatis .

Srimath Azhagiya Singars have now arrived at Srirangam to take part in the charama Kaimakryam for this great AchAryan. The links between Poundareekapuram AchArya Paramparai and Ahobila Matam AchArya Paramparai are deep and long extending over decades .

Hailing from a family that lived at Poundareekapuram and Oppiliappan Koil , my memories of Srimath Andavan , extend on many fronts . First of all , Srimath Andavan’s matchless encouragement to bring out the Sri Sookthis of Swamy Desikan thru my Maanseeka AchAryan , U.Ve. VaikunThavaasi Sri Oppiliappan Sannidhi Sri Srirama DesikAcchAr Swamy and the continuation of that likhita Kaimkaryam thru U.Ve. Dr. V.N.Vedanta Desikan is most memorable and brought us all closer to these treasures . We would not have known anything about Swamy Desikan’s Prabhandhams , ChillaRai Rahasyams ,and His magnum opus , Srimad Rahasya Traya Saaram without His MahOpakArams .

Prior to His ascent to SrI VaikunTham to serve Parama Padha Naathan , Srimath ParavAkOttai Andavan had the joy of creating two new Asramams at Thiruneermalai and Bangalore , inaugurated the Veda PaatasAlai at Srirangam and served as a dheepam on the hill for all of us . adiyEn will miss Him in the days to come . What a Brahma Tejas and what a soulabhyam !

He is an exemplary AchArya Purushan . May we continue to enrich ourselves with His benovolence and KaaruNyam !
    VS

SrI:
    SrimathE Gopaladesika Mahadesikaya nama:
    Dearest all,
    A very sad and shocking news...
    Just heard from Chennai and Srirangam that asmadhacharyan His Holiness Srimad
    Paravakkottai Andavan Sri Gopaladesika Mahadesikan Swami attained Paramapadham.
    adiyEn had the bhAgyam of sevicchufying Swami last wednesday evening during the recent visit.
    Swami was quite abled, though was quite tired visibly. When asked, Srimad Andavan replied:
    Asakthidhaan vayasaanadhaal. maRRapadi oru ubaathaiyum illai..

(Just feeling tired and exhausted due to old age; no other diseases)
    When leaving- adiyEn mentioned to Swami: I would come to Srirangam on March 28 for next Panguni Rohini for Swami's Thirunkashthram. Swami smiled and said: Paarkkalaam (Let us see). I didn't know the inner meaning of that response on that day. It appears Swami had fever yesterday and was okay in the evening. Today morning was on drips and oxygen- as mentioned by my father. He left for his permanent abode - Srivaikuntam at 10 30 am local time.

Swami's 91st Thirunaksthram celebrations were held in a grand manner in Srirangam last April 8, 2011.
    We have been orphaned.
    Srimad Andavan Sri Gopaladesika Maha Deshikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
    Regards
    namo narayana
    dAsan

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X