Living in towns and cities, kill the brahmin culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in towns and cities, kill the brahmin culture

I am in a Village, in Palakkad, Kerala. The moment a death is announced, the entire village folk assemble, at the residence; They arrange for the Priest. Buy or Collect all materials for the funeral. Attend the Karma at the place of death; Bring the Village Cart for the dead body's transportation to the Funeral Ground. Attend the funeral,
    en block; till the funeral pyre dies out, they all stand through.
    I don't see any un-touchability, here in our village. I am 76 yrs old; since the age of 9, I know that this the practice; still continued.
    I think living in towns and cities, kill the brahmin culture.After retirement one should settle down at their ancestral Village;
    Dr.V.S.M.Sundaram
    SRIVARI, Vadakancherry

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Living in towns and cities, kill the brahmin culture

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT SIR...EVERY ONE SHOULD BE UNITED AT THE TIME OF GRIEF AND HELP THEM...

Comment

I entirely agree with Dr,Sundaram. one should settle down in a village after retirement where you forget everything in the serene atmosphere; it is
      full of tranquility. You love the nature's greeneries all around; you are free of noise and air pollutions. your spending is also less. you develop an inner urge
      to help the downtrodden. your mind wanders to become one with all and sundry. you forget your status, caste and creed. your health improves. you are
      loved by everyone. you get a nutritious food. I can go on adding a variety of benefits accruing to you. It is a paradise to live. In a case of exigency
      the villagers at short notice gather around to help you forgetting their priorities and preferences. Unfortunately due to domestic compulsions and other inexplicable
      reasons many are unable to avail of the God given opportunities.

PC RAMABADRAN

Comment

I entirely agree with Dr. I am myself experiencing the benefits of his suggestion.

thanks
        Srinivasa Dasan

Comment

Yes, Partially right... but now-a-days the village has changed a lot due to what may be the reasons. It is not the village or the town. but the MIND AND HEART to help, co-operate and co-ordinate at times of crisis

Comment

Working...
          X