Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upakarma procedure while doing masikams

Adiyan Namaskaram,

I am Sudarshan Kumar from Bangalore. I needed some clarification regarding the Upakarmam procedure. My father expired last December on 30/12/2012. Currently I am doing the masikams for my father every month. I was informed by some one that “Karthas and other Gnathis” for whom the Varshabdhikam’s is not completed should not perform the upakarma on the same day rather should be done on the Gayathri Prathipat. I was informed that we should wear the new poonal on the Gayathri prathipat. Also the Nava Kanda Rishi Tharpanam is not to be done. Just to change the new Poonal and do the Gayathri Japam, that’s it. I searched lot of books and no where I am able to get any evidences to this kind of procedure. Pl clarify me is this the right procedure. If not Pl advise me what is the right procedure……

Awaiting for your response at earliest.

Thanks,
    Sudarshan Kumar,

Sri:
    I too : "I searched lot of books and no where I am able to get any evidences to this kind of procedure"​

So, the procedure is the same for all.
    Also, by logic or by shastra : "if one karma is banned, it should be banned totally for any reason,

there should not be a change in the procedures".

OK,
    do not send any more personal mails to this mail ID, which is already full and I am reading new mails
    by deleting few old mails which I am not interested.

Join our User forum and post any of your questions there.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X