Sukku Malli Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sukku Malli Coffee

Climate changes, unexpected rain gives us all some kind of health issues. Be it sore throat, head congestion, I will not be able to concentrate on work and will badly need to sleep for long hours. But with the situations around it is not possible for all that. Also I'm not ok with taking pills for these things when we have home remedies. When I say home remedy it is only until everything is under control and you are feeling better. Sukku Malli coffee is just not a medicine you take when you have cold, We take it every other day. It improves digestion and definitely makes me feel totally fresh.

Sukku Malli Powder is definitely a keeper in the kitchen. You can prepare the powder and store it for months together and prepare the coffee whenever you need it. Even my 5 year old likes it. She did not get the word sukku so she calls it sugar coffee, though there is no sugar added to prepare this. This is prepared with jaggery and again jaggery is good for health. What do you say when there is so many good things in one drink why wait to try it !!!Climate changes, unexpected rain gives us all some kind of health issues. Be it sore throat, head congestion, I will not be able to concentrate on work and will badly need to sleep for long hours. But with the situations around it is not possible for all that. Also I'm not ok with taking pills for these things when we have home remedies. When I say home remedy it is only until everything is under control and you are feeling better. Sukku Malli coffee is just not a medicine you take when you have cold, We take it every other day. It improves digestion and definitely makes me feel totally fresh.

Sukku Malli Powder is definitely a keeper in the kitchen. You can prepare the powder and store it for months together and prepare the coffee whenever you need it. Even my 5 year old likes it. She did not get the word sukku so she calls it sugar coffee, though there is no sugar added to prepare this. This is prepared with jaggery and again jaggery is good for health. What do you say when there is so many good things in one drink why wait to try it !!!
    Preparation Time for Sukku Malli Coffee Powder: 20 min

Ingredients for Sukku Malli Coffee Powder

Sukku/Dry Ginger - 1 cup
    Coriander seeds/Dhaniya - 1 cup
    Peppercorns - 1 tsp
    Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp

Method for preparing Sukku Malli Coffee Powder

• Dry roast Sukku/Dry Ginger, Coriander seeds one after the other in medium low flame for about 2 minutes each.
    • Dry Rost Peppercorns, Cumin seeds in medium low flame for about 1 minute each.
    • Allow the contents to cool.
    • Grind all the contents together in a dry mixer and store in air tight container.

Serves : 2

Ingredients for Sukku Malli Coffee

Sukku Malli Coffee Powder - 2 tsps
    Jaggery - 2 tsps
    Water - 2 cups

Method for preparing Sukku Malli Coffee
    • Boil 2 cups of water in a vessel.
    • When water is at boiling stage, add the sukku malli coffee powder, jaggery and mix well.
    • Reduce the flame to medium low and allow the mixture to boil for about 6 - 8 minutes
    • Pour the coffee through a strainer and serve hot.

Source: Shabitha Karthikeyan
Working...
X