Avani Moola Festival -Tiruvarur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avani Moola Festival -Tiruvarur

Message from Smt Padma Balasubramanian — Reaching out to devotees who are native to Tiruvarur

சிவபெருமான் பிட்டுக்கு மண்சுமந்த நன்னாள்.

would like to share about the Musakundarchanai which takes place in Tiruvarur for Tyagaraja. My dad is from Tiruvarur. Many of you will be aware of the story of how Tyagaraja came to Tiruarur from Devendran and about the ajaba nadanam.

There is a committee which has been organizing this musakunda puja for the last 30 years. They are reaching out to devotees who are native to Tiruvarur to see if they will be keen to join this. Each family pays Rs.600 towards this and they take down the gothram and nakshatram of the entire family for the sankalpam. We have been a part of this for several years.

Shri Dakshinamurthy is known to our family for years. We all belong to the same Tiruvarur. Shri Ayya samy is also a native of Tiruvarur. The 2 gentlemen have been involved in this puja for several years.

This is to let interested members that the group is genuine and we have been a part of it for years. I had attended it while living in Chennai.

Ippasi Pooram is a special day for Kamalambal. It is our Kattalai that day.

Please do let me know (peakay2124@googlemail.com) if you are in Tiruvarur anytime and Shri Dakshinamoorthi uncle will be very pleased to take you around and show several temples in our area.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tiruvarur-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	35082Click image for larger version

Name:	tiruvarur-2.jpg
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	35083Click image for larger version

Name:	tiruvarur-3.jpg
Size:	136.8 KB