Easy Sanskrit Slokas with simple meanings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Sanskrit Slokas with simple meanings

We are glad to give to our Sankskrit Loving Members some interesting three slokas every day.There are 210 slokas in this collection. They are taken from a good variety of sources - Subhashitas, Sir Bhagavat Gita, Upanishad etc. We hope they will satisfy many tastes from the point of view of sound, sense and sentiment and those who are religious and spiritual minded will also find food for their appetites.India is in need of coming closer to Sanskrit which is the eternal source of all that we are in Spirit, culture, civilisation and actual life. The simple and variously interesting Slokas that we have in this series are expected to resound in the truly Indian Heart.How foreign countries propagate the study of Sanskrit whose value they have come to recognise while we, in India, remain so backward even in this vital matter.Kind enough to understand the pains behind this service, we never mind about the amount, time and labour spent on this, but we mind about the response from people for which we are struggling sincerely and seriously. So, Guest visitors are requested to register and sign in to read this content, and members are requested to log in to read and we expect at least a simple comment everyday to acknowledge the service.So, kindly subscribe this forum to get the updates through email regularly. You can subscribe for any thread by clicking the "Thread Tools" above the thread and click on "Subscribe to this Thread" to do so.Now you can click this button to subscribe this thread. There will be lot of difference in reading the content online and via email because, the format in this forum is totally different from the content of email when it is sent.Go to next thread to read the today's slokas.thanks and regards,
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 13-12-11, 22:54. Reason: add a subscribe button

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Easy Sanskrit Slokas with simple meanings

Sloka-001
    Om! O ye Gods! grant that we may hear with our ears words of the highest good, O adorable ones! grant that we may see with our eyes the most auspicious and blessed things; adoring always the Supreme with our bodies, firm in limb, grant that we may enjoy a life ordained by God, to be one of great length!

Rest in next ....!

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Easy Sanskrit Slokas with simple meanings-

Sloka 2: All this is truly Brahman, Supreme Divine. T
      he moving world and the world that moves not is nothing but Brahman.
      There is nothing but Brahman in all that is visible as well as in all that is invisible.

Sloka 3: There the sun shine not nor the moon nor the stars, neither flash there these lightnings; h
      ow can hen this fire have any chance to burn? All but reflect His light, it is because of H
      is lustre that all lthis is lustrous.

Sloka 4: May my setting out be sweetened with noney and even so my reture;
      seet like honey be my speech. Oh! tha t all of me be sweet like honey.

Note: please post your replies.
      To subscribe this thread click this button.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dhurjhanaha = A wicked person, Vidhya bhooshithopi =eventhough highly learned, san pariharthauyo = he must be kept at arms length, sarphaha kimsau na bhayankkaraha = A cobra is no less dangerous, MaNinaladangkuthaha = has a pearl on its hood. Neethisathak - Dhurjana padhdhathihi . ஸார் அர்த்தம் பிரித்தது சரியாக உள்ளதா?

Comment

Re: Easy Sanskrit Slokas with simple meanings-

ஸ்வாமின், ஸ்லோகம் 2 ல் முதல் வ்ரி கடைசி வார்த்தை ஸசராசராம் இயக்கம் என்ற பொருள் படுமா?இரண்டாம் வ்ரி கடைசி வார்த்தை விததே என்றால் என்ன பொருள் 4வது ஸ்லோகத்தில் நிஷ்க்ரமணம், பராயணம்,பூயாஸம் என்பதன் பொருள் தயவுசெய்து தெரிவிக்கவும். முதல் & நான்காம் ஸ்லோகம் (ஆண்டவனிடம் யாசிப்பது போலுள்ளதாலோ என்னவோ)இரண்டும் அருமை

Comment

ஶ்ரீ:
            "முதல் வ்ரி கடைசி வார்த்தை ஸசராசராம்" என்பது நாம் வழக்கத்தில் சொல்லும் வார்த்தைதான்
            "அண்ட சராசரம்" என்பதுதான் அதன் பொருள். இயக்கம் என்று பொருள் படாது.

மற்ற வார்த்தைகளுக்கான சரியான பொருளை பிறகு தெரிவிக்கிறேன்.
            என்.வி.எஸ்

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sir/Madam

Very nice idea to spread the Sanskrit slokas. I feel if the slokas can be given in English also it may be more beneficial for children and youngsters to read as most of the younger generation don't know Sanskrit to read. A humble suggestion.

Beast Regards

Sankara Narayanan
              RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

Originally posted by gowriputran View Post
                Dear Sir/Madam

Very nice idea to spread the Sanskrit slokas. I feel if the slokas can be given in English also it may be more beneficial for children and youngsters to read as most of the younger generation don't know Sanskrit to read. A humble suggestion.

Beast Regards

Sankara Narayanan
                Swamin,
                I feel that this request is corect. Nowadays when mother tongue itself is only spoken and Sanskrit is understood by very few, transcribing it in English is needed.
                Hope it will be looked into.
                varadarajan

Comment

Sri:
                  Dear Members,
                  Most of the slokas are given with English transliteration and with English meanings only.
                  Some times it is given in Tamil when the request is made in Tamil.
                  Also, the manual transliteration work requires lot of time in which I am very very poor,
                  and which can't be borrowed or received as gift.
                  regs,
                  nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                    Meanings for the four words asked by Mr.Soundararajan
                    parāyaṇam—ultimate goal
                    niṣkrāmaṇa—going away
                    bhūyasām—of the great souls
                    vidhyade - Known as

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear NVS Sir,

I understand it is a time consuming process and also I understand the other difficulties Mentioned by you. It was only a suggestion and the request is always subject to possibilities.

Thanks for your reply.

S. Sankara Narayanan
                      RADHE KRISHNA

Comment

sir,
                        can this thread not be done in tamil for the sake of those who dont know sanskrit or reading in english may not be that effective as regards pronunciation.............?
                        radhakrishnan

Comment

Sri:
                          Dear all who have interested in this thread and subject,
                          Please wait for little more days, now I am preparing my thesis, and it is time to submit the synopsis to dept.
                          so, kindly wait for few more days, will complete all your desires soon. Which is my ambition also.
                          Though the Panchangam preparation work also nearing to start, I try to spare some time for this work also.

In the meanwhile I request members to try some translation of your own and post it,
                          I could do the necessary correction.
                          Please Mind:
                          Who is having shy to express their present knowledge could not gain more enough knowledge on any subject.
                          Experience (here practice) is the Greatest Teacher!
                          Don't be a mere reader, become a writer (contributor) soon!

regs,
                          nvs
                          Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 24-10-13, 08:20.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Nice suggestion sir thank you.

Comment

I dont have a website. tq

Comment

Working...
                              X