X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on Performing Shradham

Dear Swamy,

Adiyen Dasan. Have two clarifications on Performing Shradham :

1. Performing shradham on a different day instead of the original thithi. My mothers shradham generally occurs in Purattasi Suklapahsha dasami thidhi. This year due to some unavoidable circumstances, I was not able to perform the shradham on that day and I was told I can do the same in the next krishnapaksha ekadasi day. I am planning to do that. Please let me know if there is any specific pariharams to be done if we miss the actual date.

2. I live in Singapore . I do not have the opportunity to do the complete shradham with homam and agni santhanam....I am taking help of a kovil priest here, who comes home with two additional bhramanas from the temple and I do sankalpa shradham only. " I do complete shradha thaligai for the bhramanas. Is there any specific activity I need to perform or take care when I perform this.
    While I am doing this, I am still not sure if this is correct and this is what I should be doing.. Please advise..

Dasan
    Mukunthan

Re: Clarification on Performing Shradham

Sri:

1. No Pariharam is prescribed for missing shradham knowingly or unknowingly.
    Doing the shradham in the next nearest (prescribed) day is itself a pariharam.

2. There is no consideration given in Shastras to change the method of doing a karma for any reason.
    Though, Shastras accept doing the karma in any lower grade due to poverty, it advises to do it to the maximum
    possible way to abide by the rules of shastras even by begging.

Note:- I have given only shastra points, but what people are doing in practice is different, in which I don't want to enter.
    NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: Clarification on Performing Shradham

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
      Sri:

1. No Pariharam is prescribed for missing shradham knowingly or unknowingly.
      Doing the shradham in the next nearest (prescribed) day is itself a pariharam.

2. There is no consideration given in Shastras to change the method of doing a karma for any reason.
      Though, Shastras accept doing the karma in any lower grade due to poverty, it advises to do it to the maximum
      possible way to abide by the rules of shastras even by begging.

Note:- I have given only shastra points, but what people are doing in practice is different, in which I don't want to enter.
      NVS

A clear explanation is given which is self explanatory. Thank you very much Sir.

Balasubramanian NR

Comment

Working...
      X