Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performing srardham at Mutts or other palces

Dear Swamins

Prsent days people are resorting to performing Srardham karyam at mutts and temples due to various reasons.

Wish to know this practice is acceptable.

kindly enlighten on this

regards

hrk

Re: Performing srardham at Mutts or other palces

There is no harm in performing Sratham at places set apart by mutts, brahmin organisations, service minded brahmin groups with or without taking the responsibility of conducting the sratham by engaging vadyar,cook,niyamandrakars1 /2or 3 as desired by you, provoiding Sratha bojanam, renting a room with necessary vessels etc., You will be freed from all those worries including cleaning of vessels. Ofcourse the brahmin who do all these services charge you a reasonable rate which is not at all more than what you might have spent if you do it in your house by your family members. I have been performing the srathams of my parents at Dharma Brahmma Theetham at Royapuram thro a young brahmin, who charged me Rs. 3000/- last year (May 2012) for the entire service.
    Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 07-11-13, 15:17. Reason: to add a word or two

Comment

Sri:
      Performing shradham in any higher grade will not be equal to shradham done at our house in any lower grade.
      For example,
      1) If one is really suffering for spending money,
      then he can call only one person to do all the things Cook - Vadhyar - Bhoktha all in one by giving less charge.
      Even one can reduce the vadhyar sambhavana by learning the shradha manthras himself.

2) If Wanted to reduce some more expense and physical strain,
      Even the shradham can be reduced to any extent by just feeding a Brahmin with the daily food as like as cooked in Amavasya day without reciting any manthra is for better than doing the shradham at places other than living house.

Shradham is the only great opportunity for anybody to invoke, satisfy and get blessings of Bhagavan, many devatas and pitrus at the same time.

nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
        Sri:
        Performing shradham in any higher grade will not be equal to shradham done at our house in any lower grade.
        For example,
        1) If one is really suffering for spending money,
        then he can call only one person to do all the things Cook - Vadhyar - Bhoktha all in one by giving less charge.
        Even one can reduce the vadhyar sambhavana by learning the shradha manthras himself.

2) If Wanted to reduce some more expense and physical strain,
        Even the shradham can be reduced to any extent by just feeding a Brahmin with the daily food as like as cooked in Amavasya day without reciting any manthra is for better than doing the shradham at places other than living house.

Shradham is the only great opportunity for anybody to invoke, satisfy and get blessings of Bhagavan, many devatas and pithrus at the same time.

nvs
        Dear sree,

Here the question is ,can we do sratham in another place in the same manner we do in our house., when facilities are not available in our house. Then where is the question of difference between higher grade or lower grade. It all depends on ones convenience. It is said sratham is doing it sincerely and with devotion to our pithrus. The question of spending money does not arise here. We should not confuse ourselves regarding money, number of bokthas, number of items in sratha bojanam etc., just for example. Do you mean to say that Bhagwan,many devatas, and our own pithrus will not bless us if we do the sratham whether in a higher grade or lower grade... PSN

Comment

As regards the query in performing the Srardham at a Mutt or Gnana Vyapi or
          in common places is not advisable. It is advisable to perform Srardham at
          home, which would bring prosperity to the performer and also shreyas to
          the hereditary. However, this has no connection or relevance in performing
          Srardham at Kasi or Gaya, which is entirely different. I am talking about
          performance of Annual Srardham. Sastras to this aspect clearly outlines the
          necessity for performing it at home. Nevertheless, there are facilities created
          in the Mutts for performing Srardhams. Perhaps this is done only by people
          who are aged or alone not having adequate experience in the preparation
          of food, pindam, etc besides for want of physical support. Generally Srardham
          is to commence at 12 noon and later. In the Mutts, sometimes there is a
          common cooking place and there is a possibility of mix of pitru shesham
          items being performed by different people on the same day. Sastrigals may
          have a time table for performing it as they move from one room to the other.
          Strictly speaking srardham has to be performed only with an empty stomach.

One has to consume food only after Sastrigals depart. Wife of the Karta
          has to strictly follow the same thing. Nothing to be consumed on that day
          night, particularly viz. chappati, poori, etc. Samaiyal has to be done by
          the Karta's wife. In her absence, DiL can do it. Brother’s wife can also assist
          and do if it is a joint one. Only in extra ordinary cases , preferably a brahmin
          Mami, who is conversant with the procedure, has to be engaged. As regards
          Sastrigals are concerned, other than Vadhyar, there has to be a minimum of two
          without taking into account Mahavishu Ilai. Traditional menu according one's
          own family it has to be adopted. In some families, coconut is added.
          Kartha has to wear pancha katcham and his wife has to wear Madisar on
          that day. No pottu should be kept until the ceremony is over. There may
          be a doubt about eating pitru sesham items. Generally, daughter in law,
          grandsons (of sons), brothers, brother’s wives, their male children too.
          Pitru sesham items should not be thrown out and it has to be buried along
          with brahamanal's leaves. Dog should not touch. Some more can be added.
          It will be very elaborate.

Balasubramanian NR

Comment

If anyone can upload any document which details all steps in a normal Shradham, it will be great and useful. Also, the mantras are not available in detail. Even sastrigal makes mistakes, skips some portion like that. So, good to have these details on hand. Thanks

Comment

Sri:
              Shradham Mantras and procedures are very big
              shradham is having lot of mantras and procedures than that of a marriage
              so, it is very hard to give here.
              Even if given, it is hard to understand and follow.
              So, you can buy the printed books from book stores like Giri Trading Mylapore.

NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
              please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
              Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by V_rajasekar_99 View Post
                If anyone can upload any document which details all steps in a normal Shradham, it will be great and useful. Also, the mantras are not available in detail. Even sastrigal makes mistakes, skips some portion like that. So, good to have these details on hand. Thanks
                Can I know your Vedam i.e. Yajur, rig or Sama and also Sutras. If that is available
                I may be able to suggest you the correct book and the place where it is available.
                However, you can get it from Giri Trading Mylapore, where everything is available.
                If you are keen to know the Mantras, you may a book and read it for a few days
                before the Srardham, so that you will be conversant with the accent, and you will
                be able to repeat it when the Sastrigal spells it out.

Balasubramanian NR

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                  Sri:
                  Shradham Mantras and procedures are very big
                  shradham is having lot of mantras and procedures than that of a marriage
                  so, it is very hard to give here.
                  Even if given, it is hard to understand and follow.
                  So, you can buy the printed books from book stores like Giri Trading Mylapore.

NVS
                  Sree NVS swamin,

If i am not to be misunderstood i would like to draw your attention to the following appeared in:

Sree vaishnava kendram- sratham yajur:
                  sratham tharpanam patriya vibarangal

1.munnaerpaadugal
                  2. anukngjai to
                  60 Parahaeni tharpanam

In the above 60 mantras you have given detailed meanings and the rituals to be done etc.,
                  Having made a note of it for my parents sratham, i insist vadhyar to follow scrupulously all the above as i did not want them to skip any mantras. Now your reply as above really confuses me. You now advises us to buy the printed book on the subject from book stores. Do you mean to say that the mantrams,meanings and the related rituals you have given are not to be taken into account. For your information i may further add that i have got a book " sree vaishnava sratha prayogam" by veda vidvan kurichi Thirumalai kidambi athreya Ramaswamy Iyengar and i could not make any head or tail from that book about sratham. What you have given in Vaishnava kendram is not only good but also understandable. Do you want me to follow your sratha yajur tharpana vibarangal or to go and follow printed books. Kindly clarify.

Comment

Sree, NRB

I am an Iyengar, YAJUR vedam AAPASTHTHAMBA soothram. Could you please suggest the correct book, it's price if you know, and where it is available-the address.
                    Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 01-12-13, 16:29. Reason: to add a word or two

Comment

Originally posted by P.S.NARASIMHAN View Post
                      Sree NVS swamin,

If i am not to be misunderstood i would like to draw your attention to the following appeared in:

Sree vaishnava kendram- sratham yajur:
                      sratham tharpanam patriya vibarangal

1.munnaerpaadugal
                      2. anukngjai to
                      60 Parahaeni tharpanam
                      Sri:
                      Yes, I circulated a pdf in the vaideekam yahoo groups as what you have mentioned.
                      I have not widely circulated that, because lot of spelling mistakes were there in that book.
                      But, some how I missed the source while a hard-disk crash.
                      Again I have to prepare it, hence I mentioned it is very hard.
                      Even I do not have the pdf version with me, but it may be found in yahoo groups file section
                      with password protection?!!
                      regs,
                      nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri:
                        I am vadakalai iyengar yajur vEdi, Apastamba sootra follower;
                        you will find useful info by visiti the website www.ahobilam.com here on the left you have various hyperlinks; select vaideeka sradham;
                        if you click that , in the next page, click sradham yajur; it opens many hyperlinks; read one by one; preferably copy and paste on a word document, save it when complete, insert your specifics (e.g. gothram, pitru (father) deceased name/ sarman, his father's pitAmaha) name, his father's (prapitAmahA) name etc. if Tamil font is not possible for inserted words, type inEnglish and then print it as word doc or after converting it as pdf; this will be very useful. If time permits, read other hyperlinks such as why perform, kinds ec. Hope is helps.
                        adiyEn RAmnuja dAsan

Comment

Sri:
                          in my prev posting pl read as Hope this helps.
                          dAsan

- - - Updated - - -

Sri:
                          in my prev posting pl read as Hope this helps.
                          dAsan

Comment

Performing srardham at Mutts or other places.

ஸ்ரீமான் சந்தானம் அவர்களுக்கு அடியேன் நரசிம்ஹன் மிக்க மன வருத்ததுடன் தெரிவித்துக்கொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன் .நீர் குறிப்பிட்ட ஸ்ராத்த மந்திரங்கள் அதை சார்ந்த சடங்குகள் நானும் எடுத்து வைத்துக்கொண்டு இருக்கிறேன் . ஸ்ரீ NVS ஸ்வாமின் மிக அருமையாக வடிவமைத்து இருக்கிறார். இதை வைத்துக்கொண்டு வாத்தியாரிடம் சொன்னால் அப்படி எல்லாம் செய்யமுடியாது வேண்டுமானால் வேற வாத்தியாரை பார்த்துகொள்ளுங்கள் என்று மிக திமிராக (இந்த வார்த்தையை உபயோகபடுத்ததிர்க்கு க்ஷமிக்கவும்) பதில் சொல்கிறார்கள்.என்ன செய்வது . அவர்கள் சரியாக ஸ்ராத்தம் செய்து வைக்கவில்லை என்பது நன்றாக தெரிகிறது .இதைப்பற்றி நான் பலமுறை இந்த forum மதில் எடுத்து சொன்ன போது பலர் எனக்கு எதிராக த்தான் இருந்தார்களே தவிர உண்மையை ஏ ற்றுக்கொள்ள மறுத்துவிட்டார்கள். அதிலிருந்து நான் ஒதிங்கியே விட்டேன்.வேண்டுமானால் உங்கள் அகத்தில் ஸ்ராத்தம் ஏதாவது நடந்தால் பாருங்களேன்... நரசிம்ஹன் .

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

Performing srardham at Mutts or other places.

இதற்க்கு முந்தைய போஸ்டில் கூறியபடி வாத்தியார்களை பற்றி குறை கூறியபோது ஸ்ரீ NVS சுவாமி அவர்கள் கூட என் மீது வருத்தப்பட்டு வாத்தியார்கள் மீது குறை சொல்லாதீர்கள் என்றும் கோபப்பட்டார் .என்ன செய்வது அத்துடன் நிறுத்திவிட்டேன்...நரசிம்ஹன்

Comment

Working...
                              X