X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Churnam

Sri

Dear Swami,

Let me introduce a little about me so that the devotees of the list can furnish me in detail can do it or cannot.Before coming to know about Sri Vaishnava I was in Iskcon where by at that time I could not find any Sri vaishnava devotees around the state I was living.I came to know from the internet but still I do not have anyone to guide me further.During my search for a spiritual master I came across a devotee of Iskcon and took initiation which in gaudiya math they 2 type of initiation which is Hari nama initiation and brahmin initiation.After spending approximately 10 years I felt that a few things which is not right so I came back and manage to find a guide from one of the devotee from singapore who have clear my mind on few question...even though I have been longing to get pancha samskara due to some financial and work restriction I could go to India.
    Recently there was a devotee ... .... .... ..... ..... ... who I happen to know the devotee through the FB.So he claim that he is flying to ranganath temple and since he is going there ....I requested a favour by purchasing a few yellow color sri churnam.At first he inform he has no problem on so upon coming back back I send a email to him back and he ask me a few question.He asked me ...have I taken pancha samskara?if not he said that I should not apply sri churnam till I obtain my pancha samskara.
    Basicially I have been putting tirunaman from childhood days....
    With my fold palm I would request the devotees on this list should guide me to which I am quite confuse....because the devotee who told me is a westerner who have accept sri vaishnava and took panchasamskara and also a archaka in a temple in australia.

adiyen

dasan
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 08-01-12, 13:06. Reason: name removed due to objection by pp

Re: Sri Churnam

Originally posted by r32499 View Post
    Sri

He asked me ...have I taken pancha samskara?if not he said that I should not apply sri churnam till I obtain my pancha samskara.
    Basicially I have been putting tirunaman from childhood days....
    which I am quite confuse....because the devotee who told me is a westerner who have accept sri vaishnava and took panchasamskara and also a archaka in a temple in australia.
    What he told is partially correct.
    The dwadasa puntram will be given by acharyan at the time of pancha samskara.
    Only tree after one can weare the dwadasa Thiruman Srichurnam.
    But there is no restriction to wear Thiruman Srichurnam in forehead.
    We have started wearing to our grand son from prasava punyaham day itself.
    Dasan

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri

Thank you swami

dasan

Comment

"There are number of mantras to create the paste of clay with water in one"s palm. Nrsimha Beejam is to be drawn at the center after completing the preparation of the paste.The Veda Mantras used in the preparatory rituals are 7 in number. Panchopanishad Mantra, Ashtaaksharam,Vishnu Shadakshara Mantram, Dwaadasaaksharam, Dwayam (Mantra ratnam), Vishnu Gayatri are to be included in the appropriate phases of the Pundram wearing ceremony. In between the 12 Names of the Lord to be recited at the time of the decoration of the individual parts of the body, the 12 names of Sri Devi are to be added"! Ref: http://sriramanujar.tripod.com/thiruman.html

Comment

Sri:

Everything depends upon the understanding.
          You follow as how you understand,
          let others do as how they understood.
          Put your views let them decide.

Words may be yours but meanings are of readers

nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Sri

Dear Swami,

The message I send you has reached KCD in australian and he replied back to me in FB...but looks like he is not happy with me.But I just replied (thank you for the feed bacl) and he have unsubscribed me from his FB.I am not sure if I have committed an offence towards him by telling swami about this?Well if I hv done wrong by hurting his feeling I will pray to perumal for forgiveness...my intention was a noble one.

adiyen

dasan

Comment

No need to worry about such things.
              Everything will be correctly understood after getting enough maturity on that subject.
              Also, it is better to avoid mentioning names (in such a public forums) if we feel there is one percent of possibility to get objection by pp.
              Dasan,

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
              X