RAGHAVASHTAKAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAGHAVASHTAKAM

Lord Rama,or Raghava as he is called ,an incarnation of Sri.Vishnu, is taken as an example of how a man has to live. Full of kindness,respect to elders,especially parents, loving each and everyone irrespective of their lineage, and valour.
    Here is an octet, an ashtakam on the personage of Lord Rama.Both Sanskrit verses and meanings are provided.
    Sure all of you will enjoy reading and get his blessings.
    varadarajan

श्रीराघवाष्टकम्

राम राम नमोऽस्तु ते जय रामभद्र नमोऽस्तु ते
    रामचन्द्र नमोऽस्तु ते जय राघवाय नमोऽस्तु ते ।
    देवदेव नमोऽस्तु ते जय देवराज नमोऽस्तु ते
    वासुदेव नमोऽस्तु ते जय वीरराज नमोऽस्तु ते ॥ १ ॥

राघवं करुणाकरं मुनिसेवितं सुरवन्दितं
    जानकीवदनारविन्ददिवाकरं गुण भाजनम् ।
    वालिसूनुभृदीक्षणं हनुमत्प्रियं कमलेक्षणं
    यातुधानभयंकरं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ २ ॥

मैथिलीकुचभूषणामलनीलमौक्तिकमीश्वरं
    रावणानुजपालनं रघुपुङ्गवं मम दैवतम् ।
    मेदिनीतनयामुखाम्बुजबोधकारिदिवाकरं
    सूर्यवंशविवर्द्धनं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ३ ॥

हेमकुण्डलमण्डितामलगण्डदेशमरिन्दमं
    शातकुंभमयूरनेत्रविभूषणेन विभूषितम् ।
    चारुनूपुरहारकौस्तुभकर्णभूषणभूषितं
    भानुवंशविवर्द्धनं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ४ ॥

दण्डकाख्यवने रतं सुरसिद्धयोगिगणाश्रयं
    शिष्टपालनतत्परं धृतिशालिवालिकृतस्तुतिम् ।
    कुंभकर्णभुजाभुजङ्गविकर्तने सुविशारदं
    लक्ष्मणानुजवत्सलं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ५ ॥

केतकीकरवीरजातिसुगन्धमाल्यसुशोभितं
    श्रीधरं मिथिलात्मजाकुचकुङ्कुमारुणवक्षसं ।
    देवदेवमशेषभूतमनोहरं जगतां पतिं
    दासभूतजनावनं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ६ ॥

यागदानसमाधिहोमजपादिकर्मकरैर्द्विजैः
    वेदपारगतैरहर्निशमादरेण सुपूजितं ।
    ताटकावधधीरमङ्गदनाथवालिनिषूदनं
    पैतृकोदितपालकं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ७ ॥

लीलया खरदूषणादिनिशाचरासुविनाशिनं
    रावणान्तकमच्युतं हरियूथकोटिसमावृतं ।
    नीरजाननमम्बुजाङ्घ्रियुगं हरिं भुवनाश्रयं
    देवकार्यविचक्षणं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ८ ॥

कौशिकेन सुशिक्षितास्त्रकलापमायतलोचनं
    चारुहासमनाथबन्धुमशेषलोकनिवासिनं ।
    वासवादिसुरारिरावणशासनं च परां गतिं
    नीलमेघनिभाकृतिं प्रणमामि राघवकुञ्जरम् ॥ ९ ॥

राघवाष्टकमिष्टसिद्धिदमच्युतालयसाधकं
    भुक्तिमुक्तिफलप्रदं धनधान्यपुत्रविवर्धनम् ।
    रामचन्द्रकृपाकटाक्षदमादरेण सदा पठेत्
    रामचन्द्रपदाम्बुजद्वयसन्ततार्पितमानसः ॥ १० ॥

निगमसरसिरत्नं नित्यमासक्तरत्नं
    निखिलसुकृतिरत्नं जानकीरूपरत्नम् ।
    भुवनवलयरत्नं भूभृतामेकरत्नं
    प्रकृतिसुलभरत्नं मैथिलीप्राणरत्नम् ॥ ११ ॥

Rāghavāṣṭakam

O Rāma, O Rāma! May salutations be for You. Be victorious, O Rāmabhadra! May salutations be for You. O Rāmacandra! May salutations be for You. Be victorious. May salutations be for Rāghava. O Noble among noble ones! May salutations be for You. Be victorious, O Ruler of demi-gods! May salutations be for You. O Vāsudeva! May salutations be for You. Be victorious, O best warrior! May salutations be for You.[1]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who is Rāghava, Who is the abode of compassion, Who is served by sages, Who is adored by demi-gods, Who is the sun for lotus-like face of Jānakī, Who is participating in qualities, Who is well-wisher of Aṅgada (son of Vālin), Who is dear to Hanumān, Who has lotus like eyes, and Who is fearsome for evil demons.[2]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who is like the timeless blue-pearl decorating the bosom of Maithilī (Sītā), Who protected the younger brother of Rāvaṇa, Who is the best among Raghu, Who is my iṣṭadevatā, Whose form admonished the beautiful lotus-like face of desirable cultured woman, and Who increased the might of the lineage of Sun.[3]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Whose neck sides are decorated by golden earrings, Who conquers foes, Who is adorned by an ornament of golden peacock-eyes, Who is adorned by a beautiful anklet, a Kaustubha garland and an ear-ornament, and Who increased the might of the lineage of Sun.[4]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who is the support of meditating and immortal siddha and Yogī in the forest known as Daṇḍaka, Whose highest aim is to protect discipline, Whose eulogy was performed by victorious Pārtha (Pāṇḍava), Who is skilled in cutting off the snake like hands of Kumbhakarṇa, and Who is affectionate towards Lakṣmaṇa and other younger brothers.[5]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who is resplendent in a garland made of fragrant Ketakī, Karavīra and Jātī flowers, Who possesses wealth, Whose chest is red due to the kuṅkuma from the breasts of Sītā (daughter of Mithilā), Who is noble among noble, Who entices everyone apart from Himself, Who is the Lord of the world, and Who dispels the fear of his devotees.[6]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who is incessantly prayed with respect by twice born (dvija) — which have understood the Veda — using sacrifice, charity, meditation, incense, chanting, etc., Who is for the slaying of Tāṭakā, Who killed the father of Aṅgada known as Vālin, and Who protected the ancestral property.[7]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who instantly destroyed Khara, Dūṣaṇa and other demons as a sport, Who ended Rāvaṇa, Who is infallible, Who is the support of millions of monkeys, Whose face is like a lotus, Who has twin lotus-feet, Who is Hari, Who is the support of universe, and Who is gushing to finish deeds for demi-gods.[8]

I salute the best among descendants of Raghu, Who was trained in an array of astra (weapons) by Sage Kauśika (Viśvāmitra), Who has stretched (beautiful) eyes, Who has a beautiful smile, Who is the friend of hapless, Who dwells in the world of everything else, Who rules over demi-gods like Indra and demons like Rāvaṇa, Who is the final course of soul, and Whose figure is glistening like a blue cloud.[9]

With respect and mind continuously immersed in the twin lotus-feet of Rāmacandra, one should always chant this Rāghavāṣṭakam — Rāghavāṣṭakam, which bestow siddhi in Iṣṭadevatā, which are a way to attain the support of Acyuta Rāma, which bestows salvation and enjoyment, and which increases achievements in wealth and possessions.[10]
Working...
X