X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waving of agarpathi and camphor

Sri

Namaskaram

I have seen that there are different method of waving the Dhupa,camphor and also water in a sanggu (conch).
    I have seen 3 times in circle,5 times and also 7 times..........
    What I wanted to know swami is that in the Sri vaishnava how many time shall I wave the agarpathi and also the camphor to Perumal ?

adiyen

dasan

Re: waving of agarpathi and camphor

Sri:
    Dear Swamin,
    thanks for your question.
    Basically one thing should know everybody.
    There are several Agamas to do Prathishta (placing) and Pooja of Archais (Vigrahas)
    Mostly Sri Vaishnava supports or follows only two Agamas Sri Pancharatra and Sri Vaikanasa.

When doing pooja to a Archai the rules to be followed by which the Archai was placed.

The vigrahas are idols or any such roopam placed in houses are not allowed to prathishta.
    Vigraha prathishta place (Sannidhi) does not used for living by human.

Prathishtai requires lot of madi and achara and it also requires Dheeksha Upadesam from a qualified Bhattar.

So, doing of pooja in houses requires no such rules or formalities, but the sequence of actions
    called upacharams should be maintained, which is well described in books and online website in many places.

We also (myself) had given a method of doing Aradhanam in this forum, which can be applied to any
    Salagrama Moorthy or Vigraham placed in houses.

dasan,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: waving of agarpathi and camphor

sri
      thank you swami

adiyen

dasan

Comment

Working...
      X