Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masikam, oonam and varushabthigam dates please

Namaskaram

Appreciate your assistance for my mother in laws Maasigam, oonam and Varushabthigam dates pls

date of death 17/10/2013
    time of death is 19:55pm
    month puratasi and chathurdhasi thithi
    place chennai, india

i know this topic has been discussed so many times, pls apologise my query again and help me out.

Thanks

Re: Masikam, oonam and varushabthigam dates please

Sri:
    The date you have selected is : 17-10-2013
    General Conditions : If possible avoid eldest kartha's jenma star, then Tuesday - Saturday - Friday (in this order)
    27th Oonam : 13-11-2013

We have given 28th day, it can be performed either on 28th or on 29th day.
    It can be performed on 30th day if thithi maasikam does not occur.

45th Oonam : 26-11-2013

We have given 41st day, it can be performed on any one day from 41st to 45th day.

6th month Oonam : 05-04-2014

We have given 171st day, it can be performed on any one day from 171st to 180th day.

Oona aapthikam : 22-09-2014

We have given 341st day, it can be performed on any one day from 341st to 355th day.

General conditions are applicable for all the four oonams.

Dates of Masikams :
    16-11-2013 - 2nd Masikam
    15-12-2013 - 3rd Masikam
    14-01-2014 - 4th Masikam
    13-02-2014 - 5th Masikam
    15-03-2014 - Should be done as Athika Masikam
    13-04-2014 - 6th Masikam

The above data was given in a fly, please check for errors.
    Further dates should be derived after the arrival of new panchangam.
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. Appreciate it a Lot.

Geetha

Comment

namaskaram.

My father passed away on 02/Jun/2017 9.45 AM IST at Chennai (Shukla paksham navami thithi). I promptly did all the rituals till 13th day as I'm the eldest son in my family. After that I came to USA from Chennai. Shastrigal calculated the following masikam/oonam dates for 1 year as provided below. And, he also told that 1st masikam was done during 13 days rituals itself (I guess on 11th or 12th day). Since, I'm in USA am not finding proper shastrigal to do masikam/oonam here. But, back in chennai my younger brother has performed the oonams based on shastrigal's advice (Not sure if it's correct or not). I'm planning to go to chennai and perform 7th masikam (Combine 1 to 6 masikams) and 3rd oonam (Combine 1 & 2 oonams)) with all missed masikams and oonams as catchup (As time gap between 6th masikam and 3rd oonam is big, I'll not get that much of vacation to stay at chennai). Is that possible? Please also advice if the dates provided by shashtrigal is correct along with correct varushabtigam date. Thanks.

Masikam Dates:

1st 6/12/2017
        2nd 7/2/2017
        3rd 7/31/2017
        4th 8/30/2017
        5th 9/29/2017
        6th 10/29/2017
        7th 11/27/2017
        8th 12/27/2017
        9th 1/25/2018
        10th 2/24/2018
        11th 3/25/2018

Oonam dates:

1st Between 6/28/2017 and 6/30/2017
        2nd Between 7/12/2017 and 7/16/2017
        3rd Between 11/19/2017 and 11/29/2017
        4th Between 5/8/2018 and 5/22/2018

Thanks.
        Rajaraman
        Last edited by rajaraman85; 10-09-17, 18:55.

Comment

Sri:
          Masikams can be combined
          Oonams can not be done after the given duration.
          As your Shastrigal is giving clear instructions contact him for further how the things to be done.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Dr.NVS

Comment

sir, one masikam will come on 23-04 2018 and varushaapthiikam will come on 23-05-2018. 0n 23-11-2017 you may do oona masikam provided your birth star has not fallen on that day and on 27-11-2017 you may do masikams combine d for 6months 6+2=8 sastrikals. are required. oona masikam must be done only on the prescribed dates.

correct varushapthikam dates can be gven only after the arrival of new panchangam. your shastrikal has given correct information to you.

But it is not correct to do oona masikam by your younger brother. In the month of june itself if your brother has got" kai pil" from you he can do. otherwise you must appear in skype on those days at the correct time and chant the mantras chanted by your sastrikal then your brother can do it. physically. here.

Comment

thanks a lot for your suggestions and valuable inputs regarding this. My birth star is "Thiruvathirai". And, on 23/11 chandrashtamam is present in my birth star thiruvathirai. Do we need to take chandrashtamam into account? Please advice. Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by kgopalan37 View Post
                sir, one masikam will come on 23-04 2018 and varushaapthiikam will come on 23-05-2018. 0n 23-11-2017 you may do oona masikam provided your birth star has not fallen on that day and on 27-11-2017 you may do masikams combine d for 6months 6+2=8 sastrikals. are required. oona masikam must be done only on the prescribed dates.

correct varushapthikam dates can be gven only after the arrival of new panchangam. your shastrikal has given correct information to you.

But it is not correct to do oona masikam by your younger brother. In the month of june itself if your brother has got" kai pil" from you he can do. otherwise you must appear in skype on those days at the correct time and chant the mantras chanted by your sastrikal then your brother can do it. physically. here.
                Sri:
                There is no provision in shastras to get Kaipil (கைப்பில்) from an eligible male to other male even though he is his own blood brother to do any type of karma including masikam, shradham etc.

In a logical way (not as per shastra) it is better doing through skype because at least two (ear and eyes) of his (kartha's) sense organs taking real presence to participate in the karma, so it can be considered.
                nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Please provide a simple procedure for performing maasikam, so that I (a non-vaadyar BrahmaNa) can help a local family here in Germany.

Comment

Working...
                  X