EASY SARASWATHI SLOKAS WITH MEANINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY SARASWATHI SLOKAS WITH MEANINGS

Next in the series of easy slokas with meanings,please find slokas on Goddess Saraswathi.
    Varadarajan

Goddess Saraswathi is the wife of Lord Brahma (Lord of Creation) and is the Goddess of wisdom and learning. Saraswati is the one who gives the essence (sara) of our own self (swa). She is considered as the personification of all knowledge - arts, sciences, crafts and other skills. She has a beautiful and elegant presence, is pure white in colour, clad in a white sari, seated on a white lotus, representing purity and brilliance. She has four hands representing four aspects of human personality in learning; mind, intellect, alertness and ego. She has the sacred scriptures in one hand and a lotus (a symbol of true knowledge) in the second. With her other two hands she plays the music of love and life on the veena. She is dressed in white (sign of purity) and rides on a white goose (swan). The swan is known for its peculiar characteristic of being capable of separating water from milk, indicating that we should possess discrimination in separating the bad from the good. The seat being a lotus or peacock implies that the teacher is well-established in the subjective experience of truth. When sitting on a peacock she reminds us that wisdom suppresses ego.

Saraswathy Namasthubhyam Sloka -Sloka Lyrics
    Lyrics » Ragam -- Hamir Kalyani
    ========================
    Sarasvatii namastubhyaM
    varade kaamaruupiNi .
    vidyaarambhaM karishhyaami
    siddhirbhavatu me sadaa

Meaning
    =================
    O Goddess Saraswati, salutations to you, the giver of boons, the one who fulfills all desires. I begin my studies. May there always be accomplishments for me.

Saraswathi Sarva Sloka -Sloka Lyrics
    Lyrics » Ragam -- Saraswathi
    ========================
    Saraswathi Namastubhyam
    Sarva Devi Namo Nama ;
    Shantha Roopey Sasi Dharey
    Sarva Yoge Namo Namah

Meaning
    =================
    I salute Goddess Saraswathi, who is the embodiment of all the deities. She is the repository of peace and knowledge and wears a crescent moon.

Yakunthenthu Sloka -Sloka Lyrics
    Lyrics » Ragam -- Kaapi
    ========================
    Yaa kundendu tushaarahaara dhavalaa yaa shubhra vastraavritaa yaa veenaa varadanda manditakaraa yaa shveta padmaasanaa yaa brahmaachyuta shankara prabhritibihi devaih sadaa pujitaa saa maam pattu saravatee bhagavatee nihshesha jaadyaapahaa

Meaning
    =================
    Goddess Saraswati is all white like the kunda blossom, the moon, snow, and pearl. She is dressed in pure White. While two of Her hands play the veena, the two other hands are poised to give boons, and award punishments as needed. She is seated on a white lotus. She is ever worshipped by all the celestials including Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara. May this Saraswati remove my obstacles and protect me.

{ Posted here with kind permission from slokakids. A good site for kids to learn slokas and sing too }

Working...
X