Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16th Dec-Ardra Darshanam-Download-Pooja-Shiva Sahasranamas-Tamil,Sanskrit,Kannadam,Malayalam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16th Dec-Ardra Darshanam-Download-Pooja-Shiva Sahasranamas-Tamil,Sanskrit,Kannadam,Malayalam

Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste. Ardra Darshanam, which signifies the cosmic dance of Lord Shiva in the form of Lord Nataraja/Sabhesha, falls on 16th Dec 2013. In this context, I am happy to attach an uncommon Sahasranama on Lord Shiva viz. Sri Rudra Sahasranama Stotram from Linga Puranam.

I had shared Natesha Sahasranama last year. I am given to understand that there is yet another Sahasranama on Lord Nataraja (Chidambaram) titled Chidsabhesha Sahasranama but this apparently is private to the Dikshitars of Chidambaram temple and only for the initiated. I have been trying for years to get a copy through my acquaintances but so far unsuccessful.

Linga Puranam contains two Shiva Sahasranamas - this one and another one by Lord Vishnu. As per Linga Puranam (as well as a few other Puranas), Lord Vishnu prayed to Lord Shiva with the other Sahasranama and got Sudarshana Chakra. This Sahasranama is closely associated with the Kshetra Tejinivana (in Tamil it is known as Tiruveezhimizhalai, a Shiva Kshetra near Kumbhakonam, Tamil Nadu).

Incidentally, Mahabharata also contains two Shiva Sahasranamas and the most commonly used Shiva Sahasranama is from Mahabharata and was given in presence of Lord Krishna.

In Padma Purana, Chyutapuri Mahatmya, Lord Vishnu explains the experience of seeing Lord Shiva's cosmic dance to Adisesha and it runs into several chapters. Though it will be a topic for different discussion, Adishesha curiously asks why Lord Vishnu is meditating on Lord Shiva when he is all encompassing and Lord Vishnu elaborately describes the greatness of Lord Shiva, establishes that there is no difference between him and Lord Shiva and those harbor any difference wantonly are destined to suffer in hell and finally he is same as Uma in feminine form. This message appears in almost all the purans - only the names/forms will differ.

In the same Chyutapuri Mahatmya, an elaborate method of performing Upasana on Lord GYana Sabhesha is given. Curiously, this meditation is with one of the stanzas from Rudra Prashna (starting pariNo vRRiNaktu ...) Though it is given that it is only for the initiated, it is also given that there is nothing beyond this Upasana.

May We Seek The Blessing of Lord Gyana Sabhesha on This Ardra Darshanam Day!

With best regards and Pranams,

K. Muralidharan Iyengar.
    Sri Rudra Sahasranamam - Sanskrit

Sri Rudra Sahasranamam - Tamil

Sri Rudra Sahasranamam - Telugu

Sri Rudra Sahasranamam - Kannadam

Sri Rudra Sahasranamam - Malayalam

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS
Working...
X