Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertension Guidelines :

Hypertension Guidelines :

New York Times issue dated 18th December 2013 carries an article on Hypertension Guidelines under the heading "Hypertension Guidelines Can Be Eased", Says "New guidelines suggest that people over 60 can have a higher blood pressure than previously recommended before starting treatment, in a shift from goals that have been in place for more than 30 years". To read the full article please go to the following web-links:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/he...gj5NV4swR9C7eg
    Also an article under the heading "3 Things to Know About the New Blood Pressure Guidelines" is published which
    can be read in the following web-link:
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...es/?ref=health

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.
    Last edited by Brahmanyan; 19-12-13, 17:45.

Re: Hypertension Guidelines :

Further to my post on the above subject I wish to add a few sentences. Medical science is advancing so fast,that opinions and parameters also change at equal speed. However the basic facts "self discipline both mental and physical" to maintain a healthy body remains the same. In addition to what is said I believe food intake also forms an important role in maintaining our health. Now so much of processed and packed food items have occupied the kitchen cabinets, there is no place left for natural food. [COLOR=#0000FF !important]Stress[/COLOR] and speed are some other reasons that we can only control.

When asked What is the modern anti-hypertensive drug?, renowned [COLOR=#0000FF !important]Cardiologist Dr[/COLOR]. Devi Shetty of Narayana Hrudayalaya answered
    "There are quite many number of drugs and your doctor will chose the right combination for your problem, but my suggestion is to avoid the drugs and go for natural ways of controlling blood pressure by walk and diet to reduce weight and changing attitudes towards lifestyles."

Brahmanyan,
    Bangalore.

Comment

Working...
    X