Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oonam Date Wanted

Sir
    My mother attained acharyan thiruvadi on 12 th Dec,2013 in Ekadasi thithi, Revathi nakshatram. My Vadhyar toldme to perform 27 th day oonamaasyam on 7th Jan,2014 i.e Tuesday and 45 th day on 26 th Jan,2014. Please confirm that the days are correct. My e mail is sainath1951@yahoo.com. Your early reply is very much appreciated.

Re: Oonam Date Wanted

Sri:
    7th January is a Tuesday and the 27th Oonam should be done after 27 days and before the next thithi masyam
    so, you have option to do it on either 8th January or on 9th January.
    Also, your mother' birth star or mother's death star is need not to be considered for any thing regarding masyam or oonam.
    But, if you are the elder kartha, you birth star to be avoided to do Oonam only, and you have no chance of avoiding thithi masyam on your jenma star if occurred.
    NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Comment

Oonam, Maasyam, Varushabdhigam dates required

Sir
        Please excuse me first for troubling you. My mother attained Acharyan Thiruvadi at 8-30 a.m on 12 th December,2013 in Dasami Thithi (Revathi Nakshatram). You have told me the 27 th and 45 th oona maasyam dates and I performed them.
        Let me know the dates when I have to do the 4th maasyam onwards and the 6 th oonamaasyam. Also let me know when I have to do Varusha Aapthigham . This will be of immense help to me. I am a vadagalai Iyengar (ahobila madam disciple),
        saama vedam. Let me know the place where I can do these shradhams including annaul one in Chennai. Thank you once again.
        sainathan

Comment

Sri:
          Get Oona maasikam and Oona aapthikam durations
          Select the date of death and click Get Dates
          The date you have selected is : 12-12-2013
          General Conditions : If possible avoid eldest kartha's jenma star, then Tuesday - Saturday - Friday (in this order)
          27th Oonam : 08-01-2014

We have given 28th day, it can be performed either on 28th or on 29th day.
          It can be performed on 30th day if thithi maasikam does not occur.

45th Oonam : 21-01-2014

We have given 41st day, it can be performed on any one day from 41st to 45th day.

6th month Oonam : 31-05-2014

We have given 171st day, it can be performed on any one day from 171st to 180th day.

Oona aapthikam : 17-11-2014 (Other option given below)

We have given 341st day, it can be performed on any one day from 341st to 355th day.

General conditions are applicable for all the four oonams.

Your Mother's Shradha Thithi is : Vijaya - Karthigai - Sukla -Dasami (Please Note it down and give as reference in future).
          2nd Masyam - 10.01.14
          3rd ..............-09.02.14
          4th ..............-10.03.14
          5th.............. -09.04.14
          6th.............- 09.05
          7th.............- 07.06
          8th................07.07
          9th................05.08
          10th..............04.09
          11th...............03.10
          12th..............02.11
          Apthika Sodhakumbam - 29-11-2014 (Saturday)
          Oona Apthikam - 30-11-2014 (Sunday)
          Varusha Apthikam - 01-12-2014 (Monday)
          Dhathiyaradham - 02-12-2014 (Tuesday)

You can do it in a good manner at Srimath Andavan Ashramam - South Kothandaramar Koil Street,
          Vadhyar and Swamins can be arranged by us.
          Booking also can be done on behalf of you after conformation.
          regs,
          NVS

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
          please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
          Dr.NVS

Comment

Sir
            We are in China now and it is not possible to do Maasyams every month in India. We will be in India in July or August.
            Is it possible that all the maasyams can be combined and done in November before Apthika sodakumbam on 29th Nov,2014.
            Can I do the 6th month Oona Maasyam at that time? Please let me know approximate cost for doing all these rituals including Varusha Apthigham and Dadhiyaradham. Thank you once again sir.
            sainathan

Comment

Sri:
              You can combine any number of masyams but all should be completed on 12th Masyam
              I hope it is mentioned on 2nd November.

You can not do any Oonams which are left. Oonams should be done within the prescribed time period for every oonam.

Following are the approximate current charges (little variation may be there according to several aspects):
              1. Swamigal Sambhavanai Rs. 600 per head for Masyams
              2. Vadhyar Sambhavanai Rs. 1100/- per masyam
              Around Rs. 6000 will be charged for food including preparation charges for a group of 5 persons including swamigal.

There will be some extra charges in the case of Apthikam
              like vasthrams, vessels should be given to swamigal
              Sevakalam should be performed on the Varusha Apthikam day

You can contact me through my svknvs@gmail.com mail ID for further assistance regarding this service.
              regs,
              nvs

Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
              X