Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION -Discussion going on

Balaji Shankara
    we should not allow for intercaste marriage in our community this is the only way to improve our community we should CLEARLY SAY THE IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION
    Like · · Unfollow post · 11 hours ago

Bharathi Mohan you are absolutly right. this is where we parents lack. we dont teach our children about our religion, the importance of brahmin community as christians and muslims DO. few weeks back iwas watching jackpot. they asked few basic questions from the great epics. the girls were standing like pillars and said PASS THE QUESTION. shame on us.
    10 hours ago · Like · 2
    Balaji Shankara ya you are correct madam i am proud of my parents and grandpa who taught me all these i will do the same to my children i am just now doing my mbbs
    8 hours ago · Like
    Kanthi Narayanan
    While it is admirable of Parents to teach the right values of one's community to their kids, I do not fully agree with not allowing inter-caste marriage. I am an Iyengar married to an Iyengar, but I am not intolerant to all inter-caste marr...See more
    5 hours ago · Like · 1
    Vinod Santhanam
    I agree with Kanthi, During the olden days, cast system was made based on what a person's profession or based on cast system the professions were decided. But in todays world it is quite difficult for younger people not to follow their hear...See more
    5 hours ago · Like
    Kanthi Narayanan
    Vinod, I am glad you see my point. We both have married within the Iyengar community but can still get a feel for inter-caste marriage. As for preserving the purity of one's caste, I think it is overrated; sometimes assimilation of another ...See more
    5 hours ago · Like
    Mohan Sagar I feel that caste is not as much the issue as holding on to our faith and culture. This is especially true among Iyengars more than Iyers. The former seem to want to give up their culture at the drop of a hat.
    about an hour ago · Like
    Kausik Sarathy I feel we would be adopting a myopic view if we start looking at caste. We all as true srivaishnavas should see if the counter part (the would be boy or girl) are true believers of our philosophy. As long as they meet this criteria then what is wrong! Our Alwars and acharyans have not seen caste as a barrier, when they have not seen caste as a stumbling block why we should start creating unnecessary walls.
    49 minutes ago · Like
    Nvs Srinivasan Finally what is your opinion Kausik Sarathy? Balaji and Bharathi Mohan are telling we should keep our community without mingling? What you say? As per my views, I follow what Krishna says, Chathur Varnam Maya Shrustam, so, we can have relation with our own Varnam and we can have good friendship with all Varnams. And finally, as per the philosophy of all vedic religion, anybody belong to any varnam can adopt a philosophy for his Athma Mukthi. So, relationship is purely for bodily thing and the philosophy is for soul thing, so, while maintaining the body with the same varana relationship, we can maintain a philosophy for our soul! This is my view and way of living.
    A few seconds ago · Like

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION -Discussion going on

Absolutely NVS Swamin....."So, relationship is purely for bodily thing and the philosophy is for soul thing, so, while maintaining the body with the same varana relationship, we can maintain a philosophy for our soul! " Golden words!!!!

Those who think that there is nothing wrong in inter-caste marriages should see how the Christian and Muslim children are bought up. even if their children fall in love with a Hindu boy/girl, it is always (99% of the times) that the Hindu boy converts to their religion. If we have people like Kanthi Narayanan in our midst, this is bound to happen. REMEMBER, all religious conversions can happen and are happening by (false) love attraction, cheating, bribing, coercion etc...BUT ONE NEEDS TO BE A BORN HINDU....and I am proud of it...JAI SRI RAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham
    Maadabhusi Ravi ( @ Srinivasan) S K Iyengar

Comment

Re: IMPORTANCE OF RELIGION TO OUR FUTURE GENERATION -Discussion going on

Sri:
      Yes, people are having wrong understanding about the caste system and Varna Bedam.
      Caste system is not taught by any Hindu leader or Acharya, but the Varna Dharma and Ashrama dharma is stress by Shastras and hence
      acharyas also stressing it.
      I am also not supporting the caste system which was invented by some cruel and arrogant people who wanted to take the advantage of it.
      Srimat Ramanuja made it clear that there is no reason of keeping so called caste system he named Harijans as "Thirukulathar"
      A girl named Nandida of that Thirukulam is having contact with me to share her knowledge about Sri Vaishnavism and she will appreciate me for
      giving reply by respecting her.
      Keep posting
      thanks
      nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
      please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
      Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
      Best Wishes and Best Regards,
      Dr.NVS

Comment

Working...
      X