சோமாஸ் - பிறைமடி
    பப்ஸ் - புடைச்சி
    பன் - மெதுவன்
    ரோஸ்டு - முறுவல்
    லட்டு - கோளினி
    புரூட் சாலட் - பழக்கூட்டு

Source: Facebook

Re: Tamil Names

சரி தான்.ஹோட்டலில் சர்வர் இவைகள் உள்ளன என்றுசொன்னால்ஒன்றும் புரியாமல் மண்டைகாய்ந்துவிடும். அங்கிருந்துஓடியேபோய்விடுவோம்.இப்படியாவது தமிழ்ஆக்கம் செய்தே தீரவேண்டுமா?யோசிக்கவேண்டும்.
    வரதராஜன்

Comment

Originally posted by P.S.NARASIMHAN View Post
      தமிழில் டீக்கு "தேநீர்',
      காபிக்கு "குளம்பி' என்று
      பெரும்பாலோருக்குத் தெரியும்.
      மற்ற சில முக்கியமான உணவு
      பொருட்களின் தமிழ்ப்பெயர்கள் அறிவோம்!

சப்பாத்தி - கோந்தடை
      புரோட்டா - புரியடை
      நூடுல்ஸ் - குழைமா
      கிச்சடி - காய்சோறு, காய்மா
      கேக் - கட்டிகை, கடினி
      சமோசா - கறிப்பொதி, முறுகி
      பாயசம் - பாற்கன்னல்
      சாம்பார் - பருப்பு குழம்பு, மென்குழம்பு
      பஜ்ஜி - தோய்ச்சி, மாவேச்சி
      பொறை - வறக்கை
      கேசரி - செழும்பம், பழும்பம்
      குருமா - கூட்டாளம்
      ஐஸ்கிரீம் - பனிக்குழைவு
      சோடா - காலகம்
      ஜாங்கிரி - முறுக்கினி
      ரோஸ்மில்க் - முளரிப்பால்
      சட்னி - அரைப்பம், துவையல்
      கூல்ட்ரிங்க்ஸ் - குளிர் குடிப்பு
      பிஸ்கட் - ஈரட்டி, மாச்சில்
      போண்டா - உழுந்தை
      ஸர்பத் - நறுமட்டு
      சோமாஸ் - பிறைமடி
      பப்ஸ் - புடைச்சி
      பன் - மெதுவன்
      ரோஸ்டு - முறுவல்
      லட்டு - கோளினி
      புரூட் சாலட் - பழக்கூட்டு

Source: Facebook
      yes what. you say. is correct. But in which hotel the servers arespeamking in Tamil.

Comment

Fortunately nowhere. But my question is,WHY? Why this wasteful effort? We seem to concentrate on nonentities and trivial things to "TAMILIZE" rather than making efforts towards useful things. We still talk of "முறத்தால் புலியை விரட்டிய தமிழன்' while the public watches silently acts of theft,arson,rowdiism etc on the road.
        We Tamils are talkers and talk of past glory,I think, and not progressive. Our films are a great example of the so called culture prevalent now.
        I say what I feel. Please think over.
        varadarajan

Comment

Shree,
          What are the useful things you referred to to post in this forum?. How many members have replied or taken part in a debate when some important threads were posted. could you kindly let me know how many such threads were taken so seriously for discussion? I know what I am posting and how such posting will be received by the members. What to do? Here only number of postings count for the next level etc., You will kindly note that I am not posting any threads regularly as I am quite aware that such postings will never be looked into even for acknowleging or to say whether they LIKE it or not.. About progressive matters I tried to raise some important matters concerning our community and their way of life,brahmin/boys marrying out of our caste, how the parents themselves are encouraging such marriages, the attitude and the present day approach of our Bruhaspathies when it comes to conducting both subha and apara karyams etc., but what I received in return was only rebuke, calling by names etc., Hence I completely stopped posting any such progressive matters affecting not only our community or public matters but also in general. It is impossible to change the present scenery in our community. We will have to only watch or to keep quite without posting any threads or just for the sake of number games we may post all useless or tasteless/meaningless threads. Now you tell me what I should do?..Narasimhan
          Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 18-03-14, 08:58.

Comment

Respected Narasimhan Swamin,

At the outset I want to clarify that my comments was not against you, You are held in high esteem by me as a person who raises valid qestions that others hesitate.
            I was against the so called Tamizhaakkam, finding unpronounceable and odd sounding so-called equivalents in Tamil.
            A language progresses and expands when borrowing words( may b e with slight change in spellings) and absorbing them.
            Tell me,will any one understand the items if the above names are told as the snacks available.
            Yes, I too am against mixing of castes . I told my children too same and fortunately they both are married into our caste only. I have seen some others suffering after such hasty decision.
            So again I apologise if I offended you in any way.
            I repeat, again, that my views are Tamilizing for just Tamilizings' sake without paying attention to the fact whether they are easily understandable,pronounceable etc.,
            with Namaskarams,
            varadarajan

Comment

Dear Sri.Narasimhan Swamin,
              Always I wish to avoid arguments.
              The points and levels are given automatically and not manually.
              Many aspects are taken in to account for that.
              Please visit the following link, which is given as a menu under Extras
              you can use it whenever you want to check your activity and how members are awarded
              and recent awards given.
              http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/xperience.php

I request you to kindly avoid complaining, because, no one is here to control all members,
              but we can control the posts made and we can request but we can not command anybody.

You have every right to suggest me what I can do to satisfy you.
              regs,
              nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
              please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
              Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
              Best Wishes and Best Regards,
              Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by bmbcAdmin View Post
                Dear Sri.Narasimhan Swamin,
                Always I wish to avoid arguments.
                The points and levels are given automatically and not manually.
                Many aspects are taken in to account for that.
                Please visit the following link, which is given as a menu under Extras
                you can use it whenever you want to check your activity and how members are awarded
                and recent awards given.
                http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/xperience.php

I request you to kindly avoid complaining, because, no one is here to control all members,
                but we can control the posts made and we can request but we can not command anybody.

You have every right to suggest me what I can do to satisfy you.
                regs,
                nvs
                Sree,
                Thank you very much swamin. I am not at all making any complaint against any member of this forum. At this age why should I make complaints. Just to kill my time and not to be idle i am now and then posting some threads .வாழ்க வளமுடன். Narasimhan
                Last edited by P.S.NARASIMHAN; 18-03-14, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Varadarajan View Post
                  Respected Narasimhan Swamin,

At the outset I want to clarify that my comments was not against you, You are held in high esteem by me as a person who raises valid qestions that others hesitate.
                  I was against the so called Tamizhaakkam, finding unpronounceable and odd sounding so-called equivalents in Tamil.
                  A language progresses and expands when borrowing words( may b e with slight change in spellings) and absorbing them.
                  Tell me,will any one understand the items if the above names are told as the snacks available.
                  Yes, I too am against mixing of castes . I told my children too same and fortunately they both are married into our caste only. I have seen some others suffering after such hasty decision.
                  So again I apologise if I offended you in any way.
                  I repeat, again, that my views are Tamilizing for just Tamilizings' sake without paying attention to the fact whether they are easily understandable,pronounceable etc.,
                  with Namaskarams,
                  varadarajan
                  Dear Mr. varadarajan
                  Thank you for your prompt detailed reply. Only just to kill my time and not to be idle I am at times posting some threads knowing well that these threads will not attract anybody's attention. That is what I am doing now and then. If I have to post some serious matters, I am afraid once bitten will have to face all wraths of our members. I have to dance only according to their tunes and not otherwise. Now I think you understood me.வாழ்க வளமுடன். Narasimhan.

Comment

Dear Mr. varadarajan
                    Thank you for your prompt detailed reply. Only just to kill my time and not to be idle I am at times posting some threads knowing well that these threads will not attract anybody's attention. That is what I am doing now and then. If I have to post some serious matters, I am afraid once bitten will have to face all wraths of our members. I have to dance only according to their tunes and not otherwise. Now I think you understood me.வாழ்க வளமுடன். Narasimhan.
                    என்ன நண்பரே ,தங்கள் பதிலில் சிறிது வாட்டம் தெறிகிறதே!

நமக்குத் தெரிந்ததை,நம் கவனத்திற்கு வந்ததை ந்மது முன்னேற்றத்திற்கு ந்ல்லது எனத்தெரிந்ததை நாம் பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளலாமே.நாம் ஏன் பிறர் ட்யூனுக்கு டான்ஸ் ஆடணும். CHEER UP SIR. தங்கள் அனுபவங்களும் ஆசிகளும் எங்களுக்குத்தேவை

Comment

Shree,
                      What are the useful things you referred to to post in this forum?. How many members have replied or taken part in a debate when some important threads were posted. could you kindly let me know how many such threads were taken so seriously for discussion? I know what I am posting and how such posting will be received by the members. What to do? Here only number of postings count for the next level etc., You will kindly note that I am not posting any threads regularly as I am quite aware that such postings will never be looked into even for acknowleging or to say whether they LIKE it or not.. About progressive matters I tried to raise some important matters concerning our community and their way of life,brahmin/boys marrying out of our caste, how the parents themselves are encouraging such marriages, the attitude and the present day approach of our Bruhaspathies when it comes to conducting both subha and apara karyams etc., but what I received in return was only rebuke, calling by names etc., Hence I completely stopped posting any such progressive matters affecting not only our community or public matters but also in general. It is impossible to change the present scenery in our community. We will have to only watch or to keep quite without posting any threads or just for the sake of number games we may post all useless or tasteless/meaningless threads. Now you tell me what I should do?..Narasimhan
                      ப்ரகலாதன் தங்கள் முன் பவ்யமாக யாசிப்பது “ சாந்தி சாந்தி சாந்தி:”

Comment

Shree,
                        ப்ரகலாதன் தங்கள் முன் பவ்யமாக யாசிப்பது “ சாந்தி சாந்தி சாந்தி:”

Comment

Working...
                        X