X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temples of God's own country

information

Information

Kerala is truly the gift of Gods to India. With his perennial green beauty and it’s very
    educated masses who truly believe in cleanliness, it stands out from other states of India.
    There are two views on how it got its name. One view is that , it got its name from the
    Chera kings who ruled it long time ago and another is that , Keralam simply means
    “garden of coconuts”, which it truly is. Kerala is the land between the mighty Western
    Ghats and the Arabian Sea, starting from near Trivandrum in the south to slightly north of
    Kasargode. No where in Kerala either the sea or the mountain, would be more than 60-70
    kilometers. This ribbon of a land is divided into the sandy beach, the hills and valleys and
    the mountainous regions.

People professing Hinduism, Islam and Christianity occupy this land. Most of them
    are very religions. They all have another religion too-the religion of cleanliness. It would
    be extremely difficult to locate a Keralite who does not take bath in the early morning.
    Most of the Hindus visit the local temple after bath wearing wet cloths. Except for one or
    two temples in the entire Kerala, most of these temples are simple constructions without
    much architecture. But any one entering these temples would be instantly transported to
    the highly charged spiritual atmosphere there. . Most of these temples are very divine and
    have epic stories associated with them. But nothing much about them is known outside
    Kerala, except about Guruvayur temple, Sabarimala Temple and Ananthapadmanabha
    Swami temple . The agamas and deity worship is more based on Thanthra sasthra than manthras.

Though I am a keralite , I myself did not know much about the temples in my state . So I started collecting particulars of different temples in Kerala. Today I have completed writing about 100 temples of Kerala. In a land where thousands of temple are there, it is a very small number. These are available in my blog
    http://rajathathaskeralatemples.blogspot.in/

I am giving below the index of such temples, I have described. I have classified them as , Bhagawathy temples, Vishnu Temples, Shiva temples, Sastha temples, Subrhamanya temples , Ganapathy temples and others. In the others do read about the Parabrahma temple of Ochira, possibly the only kind in the world, where the temple is simply a huge forest without any deities and the worship is done to two banyan trees.
    For Index of temples click
    http://rajathathablog.blogspot.in/2014/04/temples-of-gods-own-country.html

Courtesy: Sri.PP.Ramachander
Working...
X