Thomas Alva Edison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Alva Edison

Edison (February 1847- October 1931) was an American inventor, scientist and a businessman. His numerous inventions changed the face of the world and the living style of the people in it! He is one of the greatest inventors in human history. He holds 1093 U.S patents and many more in U.K, France and Germany.

According to Edison “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”. His life is a good example that proves his statement.

Edison was born as the seventh and last child of his parents in Milan, Ohio, in 1847. While at school, his mind used to wander! His teacher thought that his mind was “addled”-meaning that his mind was confused and mixed up. Soon his three months of official schooling came to an end!

Only his mother had unshakable faith and trust in his intelligence. She home schooled him! Edison used to recall later,”My mother was the making of me. She was so true and so sure of me and I felt I had something to live for, someone I must not disappoint”.

Edison developed hearing problem at a very early age! The cause of his deafness was the scarlet fever he had suffered from and the recurring middle ear infections which were not treated properly.

His deafness did not interfere with his abilities and he went on inventing more and more things- which we just take for granted today!

Truly his 99% perspiration had overcome his all possible hurdles in his life!

Visalakshi Ramani
Working...
X