Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish to know Time for keeping Pongal Paanai on 1st Thai Month, Jan.15th 2012 Thx-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish to know Time for keeping Pongal Paanai on 1st Thai Month, Jan.15th 2012 Thx-

I wish to know Time for keeping Pongal Paanai on 1st Thai Month, Jan.15th 2012
    Thx-

I wish to know Time for keeping Pongal Paanai on 1st Thai Month, Jan.15th 2012 Thx-

Follow the below link where 183 members have visited and noted the timings and greetings!
    http://www.brahminsnet.com/forums/sh...wpost#post1223
    Any how for lazy members and visitors who are not willing to log in here I am giving the timings again for India.
    Some suggestions have been given to derive the timings for all other countries there only!
    15th Pongal Paanai: 8.00 am To 9.00 am
    16th Kanu Podi : 9.00 am To 10.00 am
    Best Wishes.
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 14-01-12, 08:46. Reason: Wrong thread found

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Re: I wish to know Time for keeping Pongal Paanai on 1st Thai Month, Jan.15th 2012 Thx-

SrI:

Dear All:

I received a few questions on Pongal timing . These calendar timings across Multiple time Zones can be confusing .
      In response to your Question on some at West Coast celebrating Pongal on Saturday , Here are some pertinent facts:

1. For East Coast USA , Makara Ravi is at 17.28 PM Saturday ; That projects on to 14.28 PM for West Coast . The rationale of some to celebrate Pongal during the afternoon of Saturday, Jan 14 is based on this logic .

2. For East Coast , by 17.28 PM , Sunset has already taken place on Jan 14 and therefore Pongal Paanai is moved on to Sunday , Jan 15 ( 7.30 to 9 AM ) . This is the observance at Sri Ranganatha Temple here and East Coast residents. This time will be too early for the West Coast people since Sun has not risen yet in West Coast .

3. For West Coast residents , 7.30 to 9.00 AM Pacific Time on Sunday is fine .

4. Summing up , Tomorrow is BhOgi ( Jan 14) , SankarAnti is Jan 15 for USA and Kanu is on Monday , Jan 16 .

Have a Happy Pongal celebrations !
      NamO SrI NrusimhAya,
      V.Sadagopan

Comment

Working...
      X