Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• until Nammazhwar Moksham!

Dear Members and Friends,
    My shaastanga pranams to our Azagiyamanavalan and Sri Ranganachiyar!
    Our heartelt thanks to all the Sri Ranga Sri Members and Srirangasri Group who were with us for the past Twenty Days.
    Today (14th Jan) is the 10th day of Ira Pattu. Today’s festivities continue through night and till
    Nammazhwar Moksham tomorrow(15th Jan 6 am to 7 am). Araiyar Seavai starts at 11 pm and
    continue past midnight until Nammazhwar Moksham!

Namperumal starts at 9 am and reaches Chandra Pushkarini for Therthavari at 10.30 pm.
    After that He reaches Thirumamani Mandapam at 11.30. He offers darsanam till 6.30 pm.
    Thirumanjanam is performed until 9 pm. Vellisamba Neivedyam till 11pm.
    Namperumal does not retire for the day at all. He is awake to offer Moksham to His beloved
    Aazhwar.

So, Araiyar sevai and Ghoshti continue beyond midnight till 3 am on 15th. Again
    Vellisamba Neivedyam between 3 am and 4 am. Darsanam till 6 am.
    The high point of the pattu festivities , namely, Nammazhwar’s Moksham is celebrated between
    6 am and 7 am. followed by Thulasi prasadam and Theertha Goshti till 8 am.

Elaborating on the pasuram for the day..

thala thamaraith * thada mani vayal thirumogur *
    nalum mevi nankamarndhu ninru * asuraraith thagarkkum **
    thoLum nankudaich * surikuzhal kamalakkan kanivay *
    kalamegaththai anri * marronrilam gathiye

The whole place of Thirumogoor is filled with paddy fields; and these fields are situated next to
    very many beautiful Lotus ponds. Such a lovely beautiful fertile place is Thirumogoor. At this
    Divya sthalam, KAlamegha perumal is permanently present on His own desire and happiness.
    He is the One who killed asurAs. This Kalameghaperumal- with those four strong capable
    shoulders, Black curly long tresses, Beautiful Red Lotus like eyes and mouth- There is no one
    for us except Him for support and refuge.
    Azhvar takes Kalamega Perumal of Thirumogur, who becomes the companion of those who
    surrender at His divine feet, as the One who will accompany him and show him the way. Having
    done that, Azhvar states that he has lost the suffering of being born and decided to reach His
    abode.

Sri Andal also refers to Kalamega Perumal in “katru karavai ‘ pasuram. “Nin mutram pugundu
    mukilvannan per pada”

The ten pasurams about Thirumogur Perumal follow Nammazhwar’s tradition of poorna
    saranagathi . Swami Desikan in his Tatparya Ratnavali says-
    sarah sarasvatanam Satha ripu phanitih santi suddhanta sIma
    mayAm ayaminIbhih sva-guna vitatibhih bandhayantIm dhayantI |
    param paramparIto bhava jaladhi bhavan majjananam jananam
    pratyak pratyakshayen'nah pratiniyata rama sannidhanam nidhanam ||

Swami Desikan says - Sri Nammazhwar’s TiruvAimozhi will remove us from our involvement
    and desire in vishaya sukha-s (interest in things that are purely sense-gratifying), and will
    reveal to us the great treasure that is SrIman Narayanan. NammAzhvar's words (in the form of
    tiruvamozhi) are the best summarization or condensation of all the Sastra-s. Nammazhvar's
    tiruvaimozhi is the safe abode of peace in its utmost limit. The Santi rasam is contained to its
    utmost limit within tiruvaimozhi. It helps us to be relieved from the never-ceasing and ever-
    present association with the tri-guna-s (sattva, rajas and tamas) . Those who have grasped
    the essence of tiruvaimozhi will never again be bound by the influence of the tri-guna-s. By
    following the teachings of Tiruvaimozhi, the jIva-s overcome the cycle of repeated birth and
    death by attaining His Feet, and will forever be involved in nitya kaimkaryam (eternal service) to
    Him in SrI vaikunTham after their soul leaves the body at the end of this life. Those who do not
    resort to Him with devotion, as repeatedly guided by Azhwar. The greatness of Tiruvaimozhi is
    that it takes the mind away from going outwardly towards the external sense-objects, and turns
    it inwardly to see Emperuman, who resides in our heart through his SrI sukti-s, will not be able
    to cross the ocean of samsara in this birth.

maatha pithaa yuvathayas thanayaa vibhuthi:

sarvam yadheva niyamena mathanva-yaanaam,
    aathyasya na: kulabhther vagu-Laabhi- raamam
    sreemath thathanGgari- yugalam prana-maami moordhnaa.
    [5th verse of Sthothra rathna]

For my vamsam [lineage], the pair of feet which always are the Mother, Father, the spouses, the
    children; the wealth, the bhagyam (pleasure); those feet of our Kula pathi Sri Nammazhwar, wearing
    magizha maalai (garland of magizha flowers).. I prostrate to those lotus feet.

I reverently bow down my head to the Feet of the Kula Pathi [Srivaishnava Kula pathi] SrI Satakopar-
    Nammazhwar- that are enchanting with the vakula flower garland therein [offered in worship to his
    feet] and which are eternally our Father, Mother, spouses, son, wealth and everything to everyone of
    my Srivaishnava community..- says Alavandhaar
    On the occasion of Nammazhwar’s Moksham celebrations, let us recapitulate Aazhwars’ prabandhams.
    The First Prabhandham is Thiruviruttam . It is linked traditionally to the essence of the prayers of Rg
    Vedam. The Mukhya Vishayam of Thiruviruttham is Swamy Nammazhwar's statement to the Lord that
    Samsara Dukkham is unbearable .
    Second Prabhandham is Thiruvasiriyam , which is considered the essence of Yajur Vedam. Mukhya
    Vishayam of this Prabhandham is about the aanandhanubhavam due to the Prathyaksham of the Lord
    and singing about that anubhavam in a rapturous state.
    Third prabhandham , Periya Thiruvandhathi is considered a condensation of Atharvana Vedam. The
    Mukhya Vishayam here is Swamy Nammazhwar's expression of His insatiable desire to unite with the
    Lord .
    The Fourth Prabhandham, Thiruvaimozhi , is the essence of Saama Vedam. The rahasyam linked to this
    Prabhandham is Dhvayam (Dheerga SaraNAgathy) attainment of the desired boon and arrival at SrI
    Vaikuntam for Nithya Kaimkaryam and ParipoorNa BrahmAnandham

prapadhye ranganathasya padhukam padhmaraginIm
    padhaIkaniyatham thasya padhmavasamivaparam
    MEANING:
    I surrender myself to Paaduka, who is another Mahalakshmi, being padmaragini (having
    Padmaraga=ruby gems) like Lakshmi (loving to live in the lotus), and who is ever bound to the
    Lord's feet only (like Lakshmi ever being one participating in all the roles, such as the control of
    all worlds, being Seshi, etc., permanently sharing in His duty).
    ******************************************************************************************************
    Thiru Moghur - Sri Kaalamegha Perumal Temple

Maha Vishnu distributed Amritam to the Devas here, in the guise of Mohini, and hence the
    name Mohanakshetram or Mohanapuram.

The Moolavar of this temple is Sri Kaalamegha Perumal. Moolavar is found in Nindra
    Thirukkolam facing his Thirumugham in East direction. The Thaayar of this sthalam is "Moghur
    Valli". She is also named as Mohana valli. She has her own separate sannadhi. The Utsavar of
    this sthalam is Thirumoghur Aapthan. The Emperumaan Panja Aayuthams (weapons) are all
    found in his hands.

Sudharsana Alwar here is found with sixteen hands with 16 different weapons in his hands. He
    is found in "Prathyaaleetha" position which means a person in running to help the bhaktas, who
    worship him.

I thank Sri Ranga Sri Members for reading and keeping up with the narrative of the Thirumozhi Thirunaal and Thiruvai Mozhi Thirunaal.
    I thanks toVeeraghavan Sampath for providing the beautiful Pictures and also Vaishnavasri.
    I also offer my thanks to Adithya Raghuraman, Vivek narasimhan for helping in writing the material.

I wish all the members all the best and a Happy Pongal and Happy sankrantihi
    We will again meet with the narrative Thai Brhamotsavam(Boopathy-Thirunaal)

Vachaka Dosham Kshandavyaha:
    Adiyen Dasan,
    Narasimha Bhattar.
Working...
X