Kootruva Nayanar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kootruva Nayanar

ஓவியத்தில் இருப்பவர் அறுபான் மும்மை நாயன்மார்களில் ஒருவரான 'கூற்றுவ நாயனார்'. போர்த்திறத்தில் சிறந்த கூற்றுவர் பல அரசர்களை வென்றார். அந்நாளில் தில்லை வாழ் அந்தணர்களே அரசனுக்கு முடிசூட்டுவர். கூற்றுவர் சிற்றரசராதலால் முடிசூட்ட அவர்கள் மறுத்துவிட்டனர். சிறந்த சிவபக்தரான கூற்றுவர் இதனால் மிக்க மனக்கவலை கொண்டார்.

நேராக தில்லை சிற்றம்பலவனிடம் சென்றார்.

'தேவரீருடைய திருவடியை விட சிறந்த முடி உண்டோ' என்று உளமுருகி வேண்டினார். சிவபெருமானே அவருக்கு தம் பொன்மலர்கள் ஆசீர்வதித்தார்.
    அந்த அற்புத காட்சிதான் இது.!!

தில்லை மாநகர் சிற்றம்பலவணாருக்கு எல்லைஇல்லதோர் அடிமை பூண்டேனே!!

சிவ சிவ!!

ஆரூரா!! ஐயாறா!!

Kootruva (கூற்றுவ நாயனார்) Nayanar, the King of "Kalandhai" had emerged victorious occupying most of the current Tamil Nadu. Having won, he wanted to be coronated at Chidambaram Temple crowned by the Chidambaram Dikshitars as the King. The Dikshitars refuse stating that they shall do so only for the kings of Chozha dynasty. Fearing for their general safety under the new king they leave a few Dikshitars in Chidambaram to look after the crown and to do poojas for Nataraja, the rest of them go to Kerala. Hurt by their refusal and their exodus, Kootruva Nayanar, a great Sivabhakta prays to Sri Nataraja thus "Let your grace be that I wear only your lotus feet as my crown. " That night Sri Nataraja appeared to Nayanar in his dream and blessed him by placing his feet on his head. Having received Ambalavanar's lotus feet on his head, Nayanar never wore a crown thereafter.

கூற்றுவ நாயனார் புராணம்

அற்றை நாளில் இரவின்கண்
    அடியேன் தனக்கு முடியாகப்
    பெற்ற பேறு மலர்ப்பாதம்
    பெறவே வேண்டும் எனப்பரவும்
    பற்று விடாது துயில்வோர்க்குக்
    கனவிற் பாத மலரளிக்க
    உற்ற வருளால் அவைதாங்கி யுலக
    மெல்லாந் தனிப் புரந்தார்.

Unto him who ever prayed: "O Lord, I, Your serviteur,
    Should be graced with the beatific crown
    Of Your flower-feet," during that night, in his dream
    The Lord crowned him with His flower-feet; these
    He bore by His grace and sole reigned the whole earth.

Courtesy: Sri.Mahesh Krishnamoorthy,Karthi & Ramesh
Working...
X