Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vishnu Storas for daily prayers

Dear all,

Greetings and Namaste. I am happy to share the following two rare Vishnu Stotras which could be included in daily prayers by one and all:

1. Sri Nrusimha Stotram - Garuda Puranam - this is a short and sweet prayer on Lord Nrusimha by Lord Shiva in Garuda Puranam. One who chants this daily gets all wishes fulfilled.

2. Sri Venkatesha Divya Kavacham - Agni Puranam - this is a very rare kavacham on Lord Venkatesha taken from Agni Puranam, Venkatachala Mahatmya. The print edition of Agni Puranam does not include this Mahatmya and is taken from a very old publication by TTD in 1940. One who chants this daily gets relief from danger/distress/disease and attains Vishnu pada.

My sincere thanks are due to Sri. Tarang Deshpande in sharing a scanned copy of this very old book and permitting me to share this with all of you.

Venkatachala Mahatmya is said to be available in many purans - Varaha Puranam, Padma Puranam, Agni Puranam, Brahmanda Puranam, Skanda Puranam, etc. But so far, I have seen it only in Skanda Purana and others are perhaps distributed in bits and pieces in manuscript forms in different quarters. How much of such treasures survived the passage of time is anybody's guess. Though we might have inherited only a fraction of what was bestowed to us, the onus is on our generation is to preserve at least what is left over so that the future generations are not denied of such treasures and privilege.

I have been searching for quite sometime for Sriranga Mahatmya - said to be from Garuda Puranam and Brahmanda Puranam. If any of you know the source or have access to source, please let me know.

Secondly, I hear that there is a very rare Kavacha on Lord Nrusimha titled Ghanda Bherunda Nrusimha Kavacham. Same request as above.

Thirdly, on Lord Yoga Nrusimha - there are a couple of stutis (and several Kshetras) by Bhagavatas. Are there any Ashtottarams, Sahasranamas, Stotras, Kavachas on Lord Yoga Narasimha?

Thanks & Regards,
    K. Muralidharan (Murali)

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Vishnu Storas for daily prayers

Thank you very much for sharing rare shostrams.
    Venkataraghavan Narayanan

Comment

Thanks... Very useful.........

Comment

Dear Muralidharanswami,

We do not find appropriate words to thank you for posting these stothrams for the benefit of the members . We should make it a point to recite these

every morning regularly which would do a world of good. Once again many thanks.

PC RAMABADRAN

Comment

Working...
        X