Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reasons to Sustain, Maintain and Continue our great HINDU Tradition - OM NAMO NARAYANA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons to Sustain, Maintain and Continue our great HINDU Tradition - OM NAMO NARAYANA

Respected and Dear Sri Bhagavathas : HARI HI OM

The world is moving fast and forward....so we say and satisfy ourselves with the mundane world's new "scientific" and "modern thinking" - which is nothing but weaning away from our culture and tradition. Here is why we should not let our guard down. Womenfolk in the Brahmin Household certainly hold the key (not literally and necessarily the cupboard key) but also the key to traditional upbringing of children.After independence, there has been a concentrated effort of the English medium education to take away, degrade and make fun of old customs as "blind faith" to such extent, that our kids find ashamed to portray and feel pride of our culture. This pseudo-education of materialistic values imbibed in school coupled with negative portrayal of Brahmins and their tradition/culture bifurcated the students away from real meaning of our great Culture.

Surprisingly, all the fun made (of customs) are pointed only at the Hindu Culture and we are not united to fight it tooth and nail vide Court cases. Taking Hindu tolerance for granted, films, school education and TV Serials make continued attacks. But we don't need to look far for the answers, which lie within us. However educated and modern and rich a Muslim lady be, when they step out of their house, they come in Burkha (black veil). They feel proud and take is as an identity of their way of life. Whereas in Hindu households, the more a lady is educated and rich, the more they easily embrace western lifestyle, culture and outlook. Adiyen would like to strongly point out at this juncture that Adiyen is NOT AGAINST female education and against the modern day Hindu womenfolk per se, but would urge them to embrace our culture with full conviction, honour and purity and REPRESENT PROUDLY our culture. How many of them wear the "bindi" (atleast the sticker one) when they go out? I am not surprised to find so many Brahmin homes having "KOLAM" sticker outside their main door. Rather than having stuck a Kolam sticker, might as well they need not do anything - because the new age brahmin kids (by and large) have not been taught the reason and values in the right way by their mothers in particular. When parents search for grooms for their daughters, they scan for "US" settled groom, well to do family, etc etc...There are so many Vedic Brahmins, but their daughters are brought up to be a wife of a Green card holder, if not they will settle for "well to do" grooms from India. They do not get the point. A multiple graduate will be at the most "expert" in one field of science, engineering or medical science. But a Vedic Brahmin is exposed to multiple sciences, geophsyics, metaphysics, botany, ayurveda, and many many more subjects are covered in the eternal Vedas, which the people cannot comprehend or realise!!! If they give more importance to educated persons then, (a) a degree holder is a probable expert in any one chosen stream in the mindane "materialistic" education, (b) a Vedic scholar is a "learned" man. There is a difference between "educated" and "learned" man. Let them decide.

More examples to follow : Hari Om!!!!! JAI SRI RAM
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%

The poll is expired.

Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham
    Maadabhusi Ravi ( @ Srinivasan) S K Iyengar

Re: Reasons to Sustain, Maintain and Continue our great HINDU Tradition - OM NAMO NARAYANA

Jai Sriman Narayana....dear Bhagavathas....

There are many Marriage contractors and planners available nowadays. Gone are the days, when the bride's father/brother and close relatives had to break their head and be tensed till the marriage was conducted successfully. Nowadays, the marriage contractors do all the work from "Mappillai azhaipu till kattu sadham" reducing the burden of the bride's family. All these contractors/bride's family, groom's family order for plastic or jute bags to be given for "muhurtha tengai and betel leaves". 99% of these jute/plastic bags have Lord Balaji and Padmavathy Thayar's inscription on the sides of the bag. These bags are unfortunately found in dustbin, on the road discarded after being used as a waste carry bag, with the Lord's photo still intact!!!. Why this is printed in the first place when it is discarded soon?? Have you ever seen a religious symbol of other religion being discarded?? because they do not print it in the first place on any carry bag in the first place, which is used and thrown...Why can't we learn from this?? If we do not do our bit to sustain, maintain and carry forward our culture, if we do not respect our own gods, then how can we expect others to respect. What is to be done then?? Stop buying these kind of jute bags, tell the printer specifically that we will not invest in the jute/plastic bags which has the lord's photograph. If all of us promise this to ourselves, there are no takers for such bags with the Lord's photo, will they print?? There will not be any more bag found in the waste bin. Please think over it.
    Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham

Comment

Re: Reasons to Sustain, Maintain and Continue our great HINDU Tradition - OM NAMO NARAYANA

Dear All respected Bhagavathas,

As per the topic of this thread, "reasons to Sustain, Maintain and Continue" our tradition, the following points are to be considered for fruitful outcome.
      a) We need to have a common platform (like this brahminsnet forum, to share the views) and meet the members once a month
      b) We should encourage all of our relatives, brothers/sisters, family members to be a member of this forum, spread about this whenever we have opportunity, viz during marriage functions etc, where we meet lot of our community people
      c) We should encourage Mahaan Swamis like Sri NVS, Sri Sadagopan swami acknowledging their tireless yeoman service to our benefit
      d) Later a trust can be formed with Sri NVS as the incharge and donations can be done for the upkeep and continuity of this kind of beneficial Brahmins' progressive Unit
      e) Brahmin Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Doctors, Lawyers (there are many) can serve our trust by charging a nominal fee and/or nil consultation charges for poor Brahmin brethren for their issues. These professionals can also volunteer to serve our trust and its members (free-consultation and treatment for at least 5 cases per month, which is not asking for more)
      f) The Hindu way of life and customs can be scientifically proved (or) proven - the reason for each doubts about "why we do - what we do" should be discussed with learned and expert Vaideekas so that each observer of our customs feels proud to belong to our culture, unlike blindly following it because his father and forefather performed the customs.
      f) United, we shall stand. If we have CA's (members) to take care of the expense related issues, lawyers to take interest and fight legally for our rights and issues in the courts and public domain, and doctors to serve our brethren, we shall be a force to reckon with.
      g) We do not ask for special treatment, but just treatment and equal rights in society - our silence all these years, has indeed marginalized us terribly and we are to be blamed, because we have not stood up, and more importantly UNITEDLY.

It is high time, our own ladies stopped noting the worth in the other lady's ornaments (or rather the lack of it)- (whether american diamond or pure diamond earrings) etc etc before deciding to talk or not to strike a conversation - The only uniting bind be that we are all brahmins and need to Unify ourselves before murmuring or crying hoarse about the ill treatment by others.

At least now, Adiyen expects few responses (agreeing or disagreeing with reasons) to start this culture/drive of Unity among Brahmins (which is sadly missing) so that we all can move forward. At least great souls like NVS swami Sadagopan Swami deserve this much of recognition from all of us for their untiring pursuit to educate us and show us the light.

OM NAMO NARAYANA..JAI SRI RAM
      Last edited by ravi-iyengar; 16-12-11, 19:38.
      Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham

Comment

Dear Sriman Ravi Iyengar Swamin,
        Here are few opinions from my side:

[quote]a) We need to have a common platform (like this brahminsnet forum, to share the views) and meet the members once a month[quote]
        This is one of my long term (from childhood) ambition, because I struggled much due to the community in which I born.
        When I finished my SSLC, there is no fund in family to put me in college, but I was very eager to go for college education. I was not able to collect Rs.25/- to remit the token fees to register my name in the college.
        Our family elders are not willing to let me go to college, they wanted to put me in ITI.
        ITI calender year will start only by September, but in college almost a semester will be completed by that time.
        Ever after having several source to join in ITI, it was not possible for me because of the community. That was a big story .... but that was the starting point of my ambition. I got a little success after I entered in to vaideekam, I started the institution called "Sri Vaishnava Kendram" in the year 1991. Started gathering members, monthly meetings also conducted as said by you. We have launched a magazine called "Sri Vaishnava Prabha" for which I had completed all legal formalities and printed only one issue. below is the cover page.

later we discuss about this in a new thread.
        b) We should encourage all of our relatives, brothers/sisters, family members to be a member of this forum, spread about this whenever we have opportunity, viz during marriage functions etc, where we meet lot of our community people
        I like it and agree this your point.
        c) We should encourage Mahaan Swamis like Sri NVS, Sri Sadagopan swami acknowledging their tireless yeoman service to our benefit
        Welcome!
        [img]d) Later a trust can be formed with Sri NVS as the incharge and donations can be done for the upkeep and continuity of this kind of beneficial Brahmins' progressive Unit[/img]
        Here is the problem, I never like to handle money, So, I wish to have a small change.
        Plans, approval only should be with me, some other good person should handle the money and accounts.

The remaining part of all your suggestions are very identical and very impressive and which are totally reflecting my long since longing ambitions.
        thank you so much,
        dasan,
        nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
        please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
        Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
        Best Wishes and Best Regards,
        Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear NVS Swamin,

Unfortunately, this thread itself is like a private chat between both of us only, which both of us do no intend it to be. Even though there have been more than 70 people who have read this thread, no one has given any word on the valid points raised. That apart, Sri NVS Swamin, I am impressed and salute your courage and conviction, single point devotion to get one platform for our community. No amount of heartfelt thanks from Adiyen would be enough to cover your yeoman service, apart from the patient reply to so many mails in the vaideekam yahoo group also. Once again requesting all bhagavathas to start responding and participating in the discussions and forums. Your voice/write-up/response and feedback will be the charger for progression in this pious journey. I hope all readers enthusiastically participate in more numbers and make this forum, group and thereby the community to be a pillar of strength to us all.
          Dasan, Adiyen Ravi Iyengar
          JAI SRI RAM
          Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham

Comment

Originally posted by ravi-iyengar View Post
            these jute/plastic bags have Lord Balaji and Padmavathy Thayar's inscription on the sides of the bag. These bags are unfortunately found in dustbin, on the road discarded after being used as a waste carry bag
            Dear Sri Ravi Iyengar,
            Very nice post,
            I have two different opinions I think both are positive but the one may look like negative.

1. I respect your intention that the bags with perumal picture should not be thrown just like that. Also, as per ancient tradition, the Tamboolam should be given in the Sabha with Panchathi in hands at the specific time by the particular person (invitee) not by representative at the reception. Otherwise it will be treated as disrespectful. They will say,"நம்பள மதிச்சு ஒரு வெத்தலை பாக்கு கூட குடுக்கமாட்டான் அவன் வீட்டு விசேஷத்துக்கு இனிமே எவன் போவான்"? So, to keep the old custom the Tamboolam should be given at Sabha only.
            But at the same time, people are not staying that much of time, they are start moving towards their next work by taking the food even before muhurtam, and at the middle of the significant vaideeka event, they will come in ques with some presentation and just shake hands, take a photograph (proof of attendance), and move.
            While the muhurtam is going on, how the invitee can give them tamboolam personally?

2. Regarding the picture, we (people like me) will not get upset, because we know the Tatva there is no element in the world without the presence of Emperuman. Nothing to be ignored and nothing to be ill treated due to this reason.

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
            please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
            Dr.NVS

Comment

Originally posted by ravi-iyengar View Post
              Dear NVS Swamin,

Unfortunately, this thread itself is like a private chat between both of us only, which both of us do no intend it to be. Even though there have been more than 70 people who have read this thread, no one has given any word on the valid points raised.
              JAI SRI RAM
              Dear Sri Ravi Iyengar,
              I appreciate your encouragement.
              I wish to point out a thing, most of the members of this forum are above 50 and they even don't know how to type and how to post.
              Few of them knowing the technique of replying to emails by clicking the reply button.
              Here it is hard to understand where to click and where it will go. Also, some are fearing (I think) to click on anything because, clicking on the web content mostly dragging to some unwanted contents. (hope you understand).
              Many are having fear to visit the online contents for this reason only.

I hope and believe that I am leading towards success, because it had taken me to bring them to visit the online website about 10 years.
              This also, due to the belief that they are having on myself.
              So, don't blame them,
              Step by step they will also get interest to post reply.
              The next step, I wish to speak through skype or google talk with members and I could
              post their opinion as audio reply here.

Already I have installed a Live Help / Live Chat mechanism in this forum,
              they have to find it out and dare enough to click on that.
              Let us wait and see.

Dr.NVS

Comment

Swamin
                It is true that perumal pictures should not be denigrated by printing out the same on the muhurtham thengai vetrilai plastic bags.
                People simply throw these bags once they reach home after the marriage. The sanctity is not maintained. It is impossible to educate
                people on the significance and importance of perumal pictures ; not that they do not know but they are in a tearing hurry these days
                that they do not have time to realise their mistakes. The contractors only aim is to make money somehow or the other. Instead
                the contractors and others conducting the marriages print only the names of the couple, date of wedding and the venue
                on the bags keeping perumal pictures inside the bags so that the pictures are atleast preserved.

In the proposed trust to be set up Swamin should be made in charge with an experienced chartered
                accountant handling the money part. All asthikas should be requested to come forward to unsparingly donate. Swamin deserves
                support and encouragements from all our community.He has consummate knowledge and experience in all vaideeka matters.

PC RAMABADRAN

Comment

Two weeks ago I requested for information to this forums. I never got any response. I could not even find my query. I will repeat again.
                  I get doubts from my friends or elderly people on performing sraddham.
                  Q1. If the couple did not have any child, the living spouse does not perform sraddham or monthly rituals after death of a spouse on the advice of vadhyars.
                  Q2. Unmarried son (brahmachari) does not continue with yearly sraddhams for his father or mother saying that he did not have any child. Its stated in books that not performing as prescribed in sasthrams, it affects the vamsam. This is the tendency some of current generations.
                  How can we explain to them to continue the rituals?
                  dasan.

Comment

Dear Sri Ramanuja,
                    I have not received any such question from you, or not found posted in this forum.
                    I am responding immediately to all the post if necessary.
                    Also, your post count is showing only one, so, this must be your first post.
                    I am not blaming you, but I am explaining you to understand that I care every member
                    and I don't want to let any single member to get discouraged in this forum.
                    Any how sorry for the inconvenience.

Now I am coming to the answer part of your question:
                    Why you are trying to convince people whoever don't belief in shastras?
                    You are worrying about your children, that is the reason you wanted to put them in the path of dharma?!
                    Please try to understand, all relations in this world are relation only for our body and not relative with our
                    Soul.
                    You can worry about the body of your son, and need not worry about the soul of your son!
                    Because Paramatma is the real father of the soul and who should worry about it.

HE knows everything that When to do, How to do, For whom to do etc.

Swami Desikan says in "Srimat Rahasya Thraya Saaram"
                    "brAhmaNena shadango veda: nishkAraNena Atyetavya:"
                    A brahmin should do Veda Adhyayanam without asking reason for it.
                    "karma brahmAtmake shastre kautaskuta: nivartikAn"

To know, understand and reach the brahmam 'karma', 'brahmam' (Vedam) both are essential.
                    One who does not have 'viswasam' (deep respectful belief) in shastra only will ask
                    questions, they are called as 'kautaskuta:'.
                    "கூழாட்பட்டு நின்னீர்களை எங்கள் குழுவினில் புகுதலொட்டோம்"
                    கூழ் என்றால் சந்தேஹம் என்று ஒரு பொருள் உண்டு.
                    So, who does not have belief, should not be allowed in the group of bhakthas, and bhagavatas who are having
                    lot of belief.
                    It is not escapism, certain things can be understand through experience only.
                    We can not give proof for worry, sorrow, hungry, thirsty etc. such feelings, they can be realized only by experience
                    when you got the chance.

One can say that I can not believe that there is a country in the name of America unless otherwise I see it on my own.
                    OK, if we are ready to take him to America to show it, can he go as it is? He should have some qualifications like
                    passport, visa etc. etc.
                    So, shastras are helping human to make them fit to know more about religious things.
                    Here I wish to add an audio clip about why to believe God? by Sri Sri Krishnapremi Anna.
                    Just let them hear this audio, even after hearing if one is not ready to believe then we have to leave them on their way.

To Play Audio Click the Play button

Later I give explanation for your other questions.
                    Click this subscribe button to subscribe this thread

Dr.NVS

Comment

Dear Sri NVS Swamin,

Dhanyosmi for attaching my "Maanasika guru", Sri Sri Anna's Audio....more and more such attachments can be done for the relevant subject in the relevant thread, which I hope will not be any copyright issue from Sri Anna's side because we are spreading his golden upanyasams for like minded people in this pure forum of yours...

Dasan
                      Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham

Comment

Dear Sri Vaishnavas,

It was a matter of shame and deep grief that in one of the Brahmins' yahoo group, some Brahmin girls are openly saying that they would prefer a non-brahmin groom for their physical attributes. This shows the poverty of their upbringing particularly by their mothers. A mother is the key in moulding the children's character and respect for our great culture. Even though "Sanatana Dharma" is more spiritual than religious, since it recognizes that an individual has to be god-centric by design (read Bhagavat sankalpam) and not by force. Due to this, there is no hard and fast rule or strict compliance expected in our culture where you are told (rather ordered) that you have to attend the temple, particular prayer time daily or weekly like in Christianity or Islam. But in a way, the strict adherence, which may initially be perceived as a unwanted compulsion by some, would later initiate the seeker closer to GOD and godliness. And thereby increase his devotion, spiritual progress and path towards self -realization. Once a seeker finds the path, slowly he will know, find and be spell bound by our ancient, yet the most scientific and beyond the understanding of science, our Sanatan Dharma as the greatest!!! NO DOUBT ON THAT....Here parents have to inculcate and stress the need to understand, appreciate and respect our religion. This will change the perception of our young family members towards positivity among our culture. Parents need to take them to Upanyasams, get the great Mahans like Sri Sri Krishnapremi swami's upanyasams CDs and hear them. Take them to Bhajan groups, nama sankeertan group and weekly visit to temple. Company moulds the character of the person. An elephant in the wild cannot be approached, but the other temple elephant in temples attracts even small kids towards it. If the children are exposed to such Upanyasams, temple visits and bhajans, he will take the path beyond and explore further.

Parents and grandparents...please make it a point to ensure our kids and grand children grow to respect, imbibe and continue our great tradition, culture and spiritualism. Unlike other religions, we do not attract people with money, false promises of miraculous cure from diseases, false promise of love etc to convert people. We are asking our own kids to follow our own culture. and that is not asking for much. JAI SRI RAM. (the last underlined sentence will be elaborated and explained with examples in the next thread)...do read it...

Dhanyosmi.....Dasan
                        Dasan

Kann Kudutha Vanitham

Comment

Working...
                        X