Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Uthirini for Sandhyavandhanam right or wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Uthirini for Sandhyavandhanam right or wrong?

Sri:
    My below answer is my guess if anybody having authenticate evidence please send:

When uthirini is used the kulapathram or dheertha patram should be kept some where in the floor which is not a good practice.

If practiced, one can do better without uthirini than with it.

Also the uthirini used for this purpose should not be used for perumal or devada kainkaryam.

But, I hope using uthirini is not a sin.
    regs,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Using Uthirini for Sandhyavandhanam right or wrong?

Sri:
    My below answer is my guess if anybody having authenticate evidence please send:

When uthirini is used the kulapathram or dheertha patram should be kept some where in the floor which is not a good practice.

If practiced, one can do better without uthirini than with it.

Also the uthirini used for this purpose should not be used for perumal or devada kainkaryam.

But, I hope using uthirini is not a sin.
    regs,
    nvs

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Comment

Using Uthirini for Sandhyavandhanam right or wrong?

Swamins
      We find that the smarthas use 'uthirakinni' to take water from 'kulapatram' to do aachamanam. But in the srivaishnavas, we do not use and the vathayar told me that is not permitted. On the other hand the use of uthirakinni is very easy without spilling water all over through our hand. Is there any shastric ban to use uthirakinni for aachaman?
      Adiyen
      Kochappaa dasan

Comment

Using uthirini is correct while doing sandhya vandhanam. You can see in the book written by soma deva sarma in his sandhya vandhanam book. We smarthaas write aum in the uthirini water and start doing aapohista mayo buvahaha...... If I write in the theertha pathram aum then i cannot use the remaining water of the theerth pathram for argyam purpose.

If I take water for doing aachamanam from theertha paathram then i should not use the remaining water for sandhya vandhanam purpose.

Comment

I had the opportunity of broaching this matter personally with the late Sreekaryam of Ahobila Mutt a few years ago when he suggested doing sandhya vandhanam

as far as possible without uthirini.I have seen many devout viaishnavites including the archakas at Sri Ahobila Mutt and other vaishnavite temples using brass

sombu for sandhya vandanam.As learned Brahaspathi swamin says, using uthirini however is not a sin.

PC RAMABADRAN

Comment

Working...
          X