PDA

View Full Version : Name of the forum

seeking
20-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Is "Brahmin" an anglicized word for BraahmaNa?

Would it be good to call the forum BrahmanaNet or such?

Of course, I do not mean to suggest that we follow the tradition of politicians who have the energy and wisdom to spend endless resources of taxpayers (only) on the issue of a name. After all, with due respect to Shakespeare, Mumbai by any name stinks the same:-))

bmbcAdmin
20-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Is "Brahmin" an anglicized word for BraahmaNa?
Would it be good to call the forum BrahmanaNet or such?
Of course, I do not mean to suggest that we follow the tradition of politicians who have the energy and wisdom to spend endless resources of taxpayers (only) on the issue of a name. After all, with due respect to Shakespeare, Mumbai by any name stinks the same:-))

Sri:
Shall I know why you are using the user name "seeking" while your original name (Ranga) is the name of a most popular deity
and very religious one?
Also, why you are using the English language to communicate your thought instead of Samskritam?!

Don't take it as serious, let it be.

Fixing the name of a domain must be easy to find by search engines and should be easy to remember, meaningful and type by the users.

Brahmanyan
21-10-2012, 06:20 PM
Dear Sir,

I feel that the name "Brahmins' Net" seems to be alright . We discuss the subjects mostly in English
and the anglicized word used suits well.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangal.

seeking
22-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Yes, most web use is in English, other than in China and E Europe.. Ok, let us stay with Brahminnet then.

Perhaps this was discussed earlier.

Hari om