• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Hiranya Shradham and sankalpa shradham

Dear vasu� vadhyar swamin
    dasan
    Srinivasan pranaams
    Thank you for the information on the above.
    My doubt is whether shradha thaligai when we do not offer to swamigal.
    Which one better between sankalpa shradham and hiranya shradham?
    regards
    Srinivasa dasan

Answer:
    When Thaligai is not offered to swamins then that can not be called as "Sankalpa Shradham"
    Threre ar two types of shradham without thaligai :1. Aama Shradham 2. Hiranya Shradham

1-Aama Shradham : All the things or some important things like rice, vegetables etc. to one or two swamins and a Tarpanam at the end.
    2- Hiranya Shradham : Giving double the time of the expenses equal to actual expense if it is done as Paarvana shradham (homam).
    NVS
    Thanks for your Visit! Please invite your friends to support this forum! This website is Totally 100% FREE for Users! Many more Value Added Services like Valuable books, Periodicals, Education Materials can be given for members. This can be done only with the support of large volume of members. Please Support by adding members, visiting often, posting often!

Thanks for choosing this forum for asking your vaideeka, Shastra, Sampradaya doubts,
    please visit frequently and share information anything you think that will be useful for this forum members.
    Encourage your friends to become member of this forum.
    Best Wishes and Best Regards,
    Dr.NVS

Re: Difference between Hiranya Shradham and sankalpa shradham

I come to know that there are many ways to perform a sraddham. When its difficult to find swamy for nimantaranam, I was told to offer food to one person and offer sambhavana at the end. (no tarpanam here)
    Another one is to give vegetables, sambhavana to vadhyar and perform tarpanam. Sometimes we offer sraddha taligai to 3 to 5 brahmins. I think this is a compromise.

Comment

Re: Difference between Hiranya Shradham and sankalpa shradham

Swamin,

Narayanan Pranaam.

In Aama Sratham or Hiranya Sratham, how many Brahmins will come? In Sankalpa or Paarvan sratham (Homam), we invite one Chief Sastrigal (who wont eat the Pithru Preparations at all) and two other Brahmanals as our Pithru. How about the other two types of Srathams?

SA Narayanan
      5 Sept 2012

Comment

Working...
      X