Latest Info from Administrator.
Warm Welcome to www.brahminsnet.com >>> Fast Registration Limited access only! Click to Register with full access!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator PerformerCrown bmbcAdmin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Font Size

Default Rare Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram from Skanda Puranam

Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste.

I am happy to share a very rare (more or less unheard of) Vishnu Sahasranama Stotram from Skanda Puranam, Avanti Khanda, Chapter 74 (as part of Vamana Kunda Mahima). I chanced upon this a few years ago when I was actually scanning the entire Skanda Purana for Varaha Sahasranama and have since been chanting this off and on.

Though this is a very rare one, looking at the Phalashruti one can understand that this is no less in importance and efficacy to that of the commonly used Vishnu Sahasranama from Mahabharata. The Sahasranama also gives a special prescription for immense benefits - to chant this 100 times in holy places like Badarikashrama, Dwaraka, Ujjan (Mahakaleshwar), etc. Perhaps those who are visiting such places (and have the liberty of time could set aside a few days for performing this feat - I guess it would take at least 2-3 days..

The fact that the prescription is to chant this Vishnu Sahasranama in Mahakaleshwar (one of the 12 Jyotirlinga) stands proof to the point I have been repeatedly seeing in Purans - that the Shiva/Vishnu Beda/rivalry is purely imaginary that has absolutely no religious basis as far as I have seen. It ought to be a case of "God created man and man created politics".

With respect to Vishnu Sahasranamas, there are plenty of them. I have so far collected about 20+ Vishnu Sahasranams (if we include Devis/forms, Hanuman, etc. it will cross 30), and I know many more exist and are still looking for them - for example, Parashurama Sahasranama (said to be from Agni Puranam), Pitambara Sahasranama, Satyanarayana Sahasranama, another Nrusimha Sahasranama, a couple of other Rama Sahasranamas, Janaki Sahasranama, Dhanvantari Sahasranama, etc.

A couple of years ago, I started making them into a compilation but it is still an unfinished project (There is a joke in my IT field - the IT projects start fast and quickly reach 90% and it remain 90% forever!! Mine is stuck at 50% for long time!!). Though I could console myself with lot of lame excuses, laziness one of the prime reasons apart from my work. Hopefully I will see some fructification in the months ahead.

There is an equally large pool of Sahasranamas on Lord Shiva (I might have at least 10-20). As everyone knows, the number of Sahasranamas on Devi/forms will run into hundreds.

Dear you, Thanks for Visiting Brahmins Net!
    JaiHind! Feel free to post whatever you think useful, legal or humer! Click here to Invite Friends

May Lord Narayana bless us all,

Thanks & Regards,
    K. Muralidharan (Murali)

Click here or Use below frame's right scroll bar to find the "Download" button like this: Download Button

Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam from Skanda Puranam - Sanskrit

Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam from Skanda Puranam-Tamil
    Last edited by bmbcAdmin; 29-03-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: file uploaded

2. Dear Unregistered,Welcome!